Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nzers working in Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitaperkins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Nzers working in Europe Reply with quote

I am coming to the end of my degree (BA Hons German and Linguistics)and looking at the possibility of teaching English in Europe next year, but it seems quite impossible for kiwis to work legally in most countries without an EU Passport. I can gain residency (not a passport) in Britian as my Grandpa was born there, but I dont think this applies for any other countries. I would love to hear from kiwis teaching English in Europe, what countries they are in, and how they managed it!
Cheers,
Anita Smile
junkmail

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from NZ won't make it harder or easier to get work than being from any other non-EU country.
There are non EU passport holders working in Germany and Spain that I know of. Your BA in German and Linguistics would surely give an employer grounds to explain to immigration why he needs you. Post this on the German forum.
IMHO Come to London, pick up some temp work if you have to. Fly to Germany and check it out for yourself.
Best of luck!

P.S. if you are successful, please post it to help others who have the same question.
beNZed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The belief that you NEED an EU passport to teach or even to work in these countries is incorrect, seriously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: