Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK Summer schools that also offer year - round work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverheardofem

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: UK Summer schools that also offer year - round work Reply with quote

Hi,

I am thinking of applying to teach at a summer camp, but am also interested in staying in the UK after the summer. Does anyone have any experience with schools that have offered the opportunity to stay on after tn he summer? I am particularly interested in summer residential positions for the summer period.

Thanks!
barabbas

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know of one person who has done this but it's pretty much a long shot with the big chains - they may be hiring over 200 teachers for the summer and are likely to have vacancies you can count on the finger of one hand.
Sublime

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory there were a couple of places last year that offered the opportunity to stay on after the summer - usually it's mentioned in the job description (I'm certain one of the schools was in Bournemouth). So go through the many UK postings on Tefl.com.

Apart from that they (Avalon, EF, Plus etc.) normally offer the opportunity to work at their "partner schools" in locations outside of the UK.

Like the above poster says, the UK is a long shot, less positions more competition (not to mention year round crap weather).

ESL is a travelling game. Arrow
Dedicated

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverheardofem,

The only places I've heard of that kept on "good" folk after summer courses are Embassy CES and D'Overbroeck's College in Oxford. Both of these scored well on BC inspections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: