Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's "Touchy-Feely" time!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maryam2003

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: It's "Touchy-Feely" time!!!! Reply with quote

Hello everyone - now let's all join together in a circle of friendship.Ready, now I want you to go to the Membership List and look to see who is next to you - above or below, it doesn't matter!
After you select your neighbour, I want you to send this person a PM.
Introduce yourself, and tell them that you want to be their special friend. And .... you promise them that if they ever write anything dumb or something that you disagree with into this forum that you will be just Soooo positive about it! You will be tactful and use gentle persuasion to show them the "error of their ways" and just how dumb they really were. You promise never to use "put downs" or denigrating language.
Now, doesn't that feel better already?
Don't forget to include lots of smiley faces in your PM to your neighbour and finish off by sending them some special HUGZZZZ!!!!!
(Smile Scot 47)

Anyone wishing to purchase a copy of this broadcast message on audio tape, send your name, address and payment of 6 months of your salary.This will be used for my latest cosmetic surgery or other charitable ventures.
Love y'all
Tammy Faye Studebaker-Hixon-Smythe-Jones-Davison-Reilly-Jackson-Kelly-Brown-Black. (see how far being "Touchy-Feely" got me - all that alimony and divorce settlements from those husbands who I loved dearly!)
PS I'm a retired ESL Teacher.
bnix

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: You Notice She is a retired TESOL Teacher Reply with quote

Well,your post is really something,I must admit!Although the idea of getting touchy feely with a few of those ...people... Rolling Eyes

I notice this is your first post.Wonder how you would feel after someone else called you an "idiot",a pompous a-- or something worse?Would you still turn the other cheek?Just curious. Smile
maryam2003

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: HUGGZZZ!!!!! Reply with quote

Oh, Bnix - now don't feel too bad. Look, I'll give you a 50% discount on my audio tape!
bnix

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject: Tapes?Tapes?We Don't Need No Steenking Tapes! Reply with quote

Smile If you are going that route,why don't you invent your own "cert "program...and make some REAL money...true,the field is probably already crowded. Laughing Or even better,let's invent a new TESOL"method"...sell lots of books,give lectures...you know, something like Gattegno's Silent Way...some kind of "method" which would require a lot of intricate (and very expensive) teaching aids.We could do it! Or maybe something like the Lozanov method...you know,we could sell special TESOL Barcaloungers to the "students" along with special "learning tapes".I tell you,you have to be creative in this business.Not much moola in standing up in front of a class and explaining the future conditional. Smile
maryam2003

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: reponse to Sunaru Reply with quote

No, dear. I've never been banned from this forum, only from my syndicated evangelist TV program and that was for wearing too much makeup!
rogan

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complete your profile Maryam - let's all 'have a look at you'
maryam2003

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: 'fess up! Reply with quote

Well, I did have bad thoughts about my fifth(or was it sixth) husband when he was caught in that hotel room with that woman! But, I've seen my destiny and I'm here to bring light and goodness to the world.
rogan

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful - a person with a mission in life.

Obviously your aim is to bring us all onto the one and only true path to Salvation. Twisted Evil
maryam2003

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Why .... you're right!!! Reply with quote

I just knew it!!!
"Touchy feely" is going to be bigger than the Communicative Approach!
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

---""Touchy feely" is going to be bigger than the Communicative Approach!"----

I always thought one left the touchng and feeling until after the lesson, but if duty calls.
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Touchy feely Reply with quote

Touchy feely.Isn't that a game played by naked young children in South East Asia?
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catholic priests have altar boys and alter egos. Not always the same thing
R

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe sunaru was trying to suggest that Catholic priests alter boys?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: