Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Denizli or Kayseri
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stokes

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because my father had a heart attack and I had to return to the U.S.. Unfortunately, life throws us curve balls. I don't believe that is something I should be ashamed of, but thanks.
stokes

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Pay in Kayseri and Uzay Reply with quote

Ghost-

I received $350.00 a month, and also free rent in a four bedroom apartment (usually shared with another teacher when available, but not during my stay). The apartment was not in that great of condition, but was tolerable and across the street from the school. The pay is not that great for our standards, but doctors often receive 400.00 a month, so according to Turkish standards it is very good pay. I was primarily there for the experience and for my love of the country and culture, so at the time pay was secondary.

The name of the manager while I was at Uzay was Ilyas Yilmaz and he seems to welcome any good, hard working English speaking teachers -- Kayseri is not a choice location for many teachers, so they are needed.

I learned enough Turkish to get by while I was there.

The school conditions were average, but as in most jobs, the people in your environment seem to make or break it -- the students and other employees made it very comfortable.

There are few bars, no fitness rooms, and very little entertainment (other than one theater) in Kayseri, and it is quite conservative -- the streets are dead quiet by ten at night. The people seem to work twelve hours a day and live to work -- although that is not expected of the teachers. The people in Kayseri primarily go out to eat, take long walks, smoke, drink tea and picnic for entertainment.
richard ame

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: deni/ Kas Reply with quote

Gorden bleeding Bennet ,is this tosser still asking damn fool questions about language teaching and acquisition in some far flung out of the way no hopersville that he hasn't even looked up on the map,somebody please put this Muppet out of his misery asap,he hasn't got a ghost of a hope .
ghost

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Correction, Mr Ame: Reply with quote

Correction. I have looked up Kayseri on the map and am doing the research on a daily basis.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: our research Reply with quote

Ghost, on your behalf, Richard and I have done some extensive research. The toilet paper provided for you is pink.
Any more questions ? If so then send them by pm and spare the rest of us old grouches this time-wasting trivia that you will obviously never at on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: