Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University of Qatar
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DMB has the Qatar experience here. Perhaps he knows something about the international schools there.
I had some friends who worked at International schools but I don't have any useful info on them. Petrochemical companies? I can fill you in.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of us without kids don't tend to pay much attention to these schools. I can't imagine that there wouldn't be good international schools, but they are always expensive. Something to discuss in an interview would be how much of the costs of the usual schools would be covered by the education allowance that QU pays.

VS
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Schools Reply with quote

I lived in Qatar for nearly 3 years with my wife and son.The International schools like Doha College are excellent.They are investing heavily in training and education at the moment.Your kids will be fine.
crocus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Yet again! Reply with quote

They're at it again! Another advertisment has appeared on Dave's for the same old job with, I think, the same conditions as the three previous ads. I can't and I don't believe that the applications they're getting are all so bad that they have to keep on and on like this. I assume they'll be out trawling at TESOL Arabia too.

With this type of background to the positions, is it worthwhile pursuing a job there, or is this symptomatic of a greater problem?

Apart from Capt_Midnight who is in the States, has anyone who's applied from the Gulf received any feedback whatsoever from them? Even an answer to an e-mail? Rolling Eyes

Thanks a lot,
Crocus
blues clues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Qatar Uni Reply with quote

I applied to them 3 or 4 times and heard nothing. Was thinking they're probably disorganized, etc, like so many other places in the Gulf. A friend of mine checked them out in person and said exactly that. Disorganized, rude, higher ups with no clue what they're talking about. They are also looking for teachers with Masters in Linguistics Shocked ....again another example of incompetent power mongrels.....Like Crocus was saying, if one doesn't hear from them, it's probably a big red light flashing, stay away.
Cpt_Midnight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings.

I have been watching this site for the past three weeks. I have been hoping for good news from somebody, but what I am reading does not sound promising. I got an e-mail around the beginning of February. I was told that I would be hearing from someone at QU soon; however, I am still waiting for that happy time to occur. I also figured that patience is always a virtue when seeking employment in the Gulf, so I will continue to exercise that virtue. I never did much virtue exercising in my younger day, but it is easier to do when I already have a job.

CM
usool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Interview Reply with quote

Hi there

I had an interview with QU about a month ago. The guy will wait until after TESOL America to give a reply, sounds fair enough. He said the're recruting 40 people but with the bomb and the higher salaries offered by Aramco, SALTS and BAE I think he'll be lucky to get half that number. I mean ARAMCO are recruiting 90 guys for Saudi paying much more than QU, so how are they going to get their guys.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: