Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

St Etienne Bilingual School???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emilycharlotte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: St Etienne Bilingual School??? Reply with quote

hi, has anyone heard of st etienne bilingual school in paris? they had a job posting a few days ago (it has since disappeared?) and after sending my cv, they responded with an email (full of typos) saying that they were offering me a job, but that: "due to time constraint we are unable to conduct phone to phone interview but selection was done from individual experiences, approach and re approach etc."

this is seeming super sketchy to me... anyone know anything about this school? does it even exist? (maybe i should have been more concerned when i noticed even their email address had a typo in it: st_etinne?)
NMB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of them, but a couple of different responses come up in the pages jaunes, both at the following address and telephone number:

24 r Charcot 75013 Paris
01 45 85 58 94

You could try speaking directly with someone, by calling and/or visiting.
emilycharlotte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info... i replied to them asking for their address and phone number, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. it wasn't listed on the posting, nor could i find the school in the pages jaunes online (part of the reason i was wondering if the school existed).
coko168

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Heard it's scam Reply with quote

I got a job offer from them also... I've read from other boards that this is a scam... they're supposed to send you an email requesting money to process your work permit and visa... i haven't gotten anything from them yet, you?

Coko
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look out, guys! I haven't heard before of this particular scam, but it's intensely difficult to get work permits for non-EU citizens for France.....and I guess the 'blue state' poster at least is American. Don't pay anything unless you have some solid proof that this company can actually do something legal for you...........there aren't any real shortcuts around the system.
emilycharlotte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: more and more sketchy Reply with quote

well, i finally got a reply that allegedly had a copy of the contract and other documents in attachments, but (surprise surprise) they weren't there! and no answer about their address either... (and by the way, NMB, i don't think the address you found in the pages jaunes is for the same school.) and, they're asking for 230 euros to process the visa and send all the documents via emergency mail service... definitely seems scammy, but i just replied (again) asking (again) for their address. doesn't seem like this is going anywhere, but i thought i'd might as well see what they say, if anything at all. wouldn't trust these folks with any money, and would advise others to do the same!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: