Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Water, water, everywhere

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Water, water, everywhere Reply with quote

I guess this could be a warning to those on their way to Mexico, and a question for those already here and scattered about la republica.

It is raining. LOTS. Who else is canoeing down Insurgentes or Morelos or Hildalgo boulevards? I know that Mexico City is getting thundershowers almost everyday, and that's normal from May to October 9th (literally, it stops on the 9th, I dunno how). Acapulco is soaked right now and probably will be for several more months.

How's the east coast? North?

Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MELEE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy,

This is the one time of year that we here in the Mixteca are glad that all the top soil got washed away decades ago. Laughing
inmexico

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy,

I've been canoeing down Avenida Juarez here in Uruapan for the past 2 weeks. Everday, at 7:00pm, it starts pouring and doesn't stop until approx. 6:00am.
I kinda like it though. It reminds me of Vancouver Island in the winter.
mstack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't sure if you were aware, but there has been a tropical storm parked right off the coast of Acapulco for several days now (Tropical Storm Blanca). Don't worry though, its weakening and its finally starting to move away from the coast. I know it's "rainy season" down there, but I would think the weather in Acapulco should improve over the next few days.
cillagypsysoul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: replly to Guy,, about the floods,,, Reply with quote

i`m in Xalapa,, wishing i brought my poncho with me,,here i am ,, raining every day,,, rivers in the streets,, no one else,,(native) ,, seems to notice,, they either continue walking in it,, or, just stand, and wait ,under an overhang,amazing,, the other day, i arrived at yet another job interview, soaked,, and looked out the window,,to say, "wow",, and only to have a local, standing next to me say, "yeah, isn`t it beautiful",,, oi,,where are you?
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: raining here too Reply with quote

Raining in Toluca too but that shouldnt be a surprise as Im right next to DF. However, I just found an apt I really like, only drawback is that it is on an unpaved street. Can anyone say mud? However, my friend (American) who lives in the same building says he can show me how to walk to the bus stop without winding up like a dinosaur from the La Brea Tar Pit Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: cilla Reply with quote

Hey Cilla , your bio says your location is (was?) Tucson Arizona. Are you by an chance an ex-Wildcat?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: