Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To TEFL, or not to TEFL?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mstack

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: To TEFL, or not to TEFL? Reply with quote

OK, here's my conundrum. I am 28 years old, about to finish my degree bachelors degree in history. My wife and I want to go spend several months in Mexico (probably Guadalajara, Oaxaca, or San Christobol), preferably teaching English for several months to supplement our cash and gain some great life experience. I've been led to believe that, having a degree, I could probably find a job teaching English (although it seems like its not a gimme). My wife, 24, has a few years of college but no degree...her job prospects probably aren't so good. We have a few grand put away...enough to get there and stay for a few months, but not enough to have a whole lot of options. My question: Would it be a good use of our money for both of us to take a TEFL certification course in Mexico, risking the fact that by the time we finish the course we might be too broke to stay and find a job. Or should one or both of us forego the TEFL course and just look for work, risking the fact that one or both of us may not find any for awhile? I know this is a difficult question, but any opinions would be appreciate
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Suggestion Reply with quote

I would suggest that, in order to make the most of your money, your wife take a TESOL course in Mexico, while you yourself go on your degree. The ideal is , of course, that you go fully certified and with experience, but there are always opportunities.

Email me directly at [email protected] for some more ideas. I think we can help.

Guy Courchesne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: