Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for a first time job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziplok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: looking for a first time job Reply with quote

hey all... first off i'd love send out my condolences to all who were affected by the tsunami and all subsequent tragedies. i wish i was there to help.

i'm really hoping to get a job teaching in indonesia. i'm going to take the 4 week tesol course and hope to find work shortly after.
i'm just wondering what my chances are of finding a job with only those credentials. i'm 27 years old am fairly well travelled with much life experience, but i never went to college or university.
if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated! and since i don't have ALOT of money, i'm hoping to set something up here before i leave.
i'd love to hear anything that anyone has to say.
thanks in advance!
bgreen15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: finding work in indonesia Reply with quote

you will not have a hard time finding a job in indonesia. EF is the most abundant school there looking for new teachers. the hard thing is finding one with great pay. all will cover your basic expenses, but not much more after that.

I am sure your TESOL course will give you many leads on how to find work there. Although i have found this site to be the most helpful so far.

I remind you to make sure you know exactly why you are going there and why you chose indonesia. I have met many that go there for the women and not the life experience. This saddens me when i meet men that go there to take advantage of the womens obsession for " bule" there. You will love the good hearted people there and the food as well

Good Luck ....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: