Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great web site for all of us Italian/American EU wannabes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jnesta1

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greg,

congrats on your meeting. Did they give you any inkling about how long the wait would be from here? They told me 6 to 7 months after my meeting there. It's now been 7. I wrtoe teh Consul a couple weeks ago, and he told me (here's a quote)

"your Italian citizenship recognition has been completed last week.
You are supposed to receive very soon by mail the information regarding the
application for the Italian passport.
In any case the same information and form can be downloaded from our web
site (www.italconschicago.org) under "Passports"."

I have downloaded teh forms he refers to, but am doubtful of their usefulness. What am I going to do with them without any info from his office? I still feel like I am getting teh run around. ARGHHHH! I don't mean to sound impatient, but I made my appointment over a year ago, so I am getting a little tired of all teh beauracratic BS. I have yet to receive anything in teh mail from him.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Jeff
Gregorio

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeff... yeah, he told me 6 months, but I don't hold any truth to that. I don't understand what he is telling you, though. I also would think you would need your citizenship papers before applying for a passport. Only makes sense to me....!?! I am wondering if they don't mail those papers and you have to actually go to the consulate with identification to pick them up? That's a possibility. These guys like to leave out important details.

Good luck and I hope that works out as soon as possible for ya... and for me, too.
tortellinibakalava

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: dual citizenship Reply with quote

Gregorio,

THANK YOU! Surprised The website for italamerica that you posted has been so helpful. Finally, I am in the process of dual citizenship too! Please continue to chronicle your personal citizenship progress on this forum. I am also wondering if you ever had the opportunity to meet Nick from italamerica in Florence? Love & Light Lisa
Gregorio

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tortellini... nope, I never met Nick. Here is a another web site with dual citizenship services: www.myitaliancitizenship.com. They had the best prices on translation services. The consulate in Chicago was very impressed with the translations from this place. However, some consulates require certified translations, so if that's the case for your consulate, these translations wouldn't work.

Glad to here your on the mission.... good luck.

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: