Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

this could be challenging?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ibtisam23

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: this could be challenging? Reply with quote

I've just noticed that the British Council are advertising for an English Language Training Developer in Pyongyang. Anyone had any experience teaching North Koreans?
Also, does this signify a new era in international co-operation? Last we heard was that the North Koreans were firing up their nuclear plants and testing missiles!
bnix

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Wait Until TDO Sees This One!!! Reply with quote

This job was made for order for the guy TDO(the Dangerous One) who used to post on the old forum claiming he "had" to get to North Korea,using English teaching as a "cover"...because he has "special skills"(????) that their fruitcake Dear Leader "desperately needs".Only problem....TDO was having difficulties getting out of Mali,where he had been beseiged by bandits...who had "stolen his passport"(maybe they wanted to go to North Korea to "teach" English,too?)...so he might have some difficulty in "getting free" right now. Laughing However,like they say...where's there a will,there's a way." Laughing
scot47

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: jobs in Pyongyang Reply with quote

As an Australian Muslim your chances of getting a job with the British Council are small. The "Dear Leader" will have to rely on someone else as anELT advisor !
David Bowles

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the North Korean government kidnapped its foreign teachers...perhaps it was discovered that this wasn't conducive to a productive lesson environment or something?
Remember, a non-enslaved teacher is a happy teacher! Very Happy
Lucy Snow

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did those kidnapped Japanese "teachers" ever return to North Korea?
Shonai Ben

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are North Koreans really any different from South Koreans?If they want to study English then why not go there and teach?If I was offered a decent salary I would consider it as a possible place to go.My only fear would be George Bush.
HappyTown

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing a similar job offer for North Korea through the British Council in 2001. As I recall they wanted someone with at least five years experience and an RSA diploma. They were offering British level wages though. Do you think they allow internet access?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: