Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Explosions & Gunfire - Expat Compounds - Riyadh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomad Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I gave a a three day workshop there once...Male only Aramco camp? If not then what is the name of that place right on the gulf, not far from the Kuwaiti border? It was strange to say the least. One of the perks to living there was all the food was free and you could eat all you wanted...and the cafeteria had this HUGE mural...of a FREAKIN' DESERT SCENE!!!!!!!! I am curious if this is the same place/
Nomad Dan
scot47

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: going broke as an efl entrepeneur Reply with quote

Stephen

The story of going bankrupt after buying a language school sounds familiar. I wonder how many have toiled for years in Saudi or wherever, and then invested their money in some venture doomed to failure. For some expats the purchase of a pub has ben the ticket to bankruptcy - and often a returen to Saudi Arabia !
nimra_ghalat

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a letter from a friend of mine in the Eastern Province who said that there are now humvees with fifty calibre machine guns on them at the entrance to the plant where we worked and it takes forever to just get in through the security check. Sounds almost as bad as US airports.

Also read in the news that the US is blaming Iran for harboring Al-Qaida and helping out with the Riyadh attacks- sounds fishy, given the anti-Shiite nature of Al-Qaida and their supporters... Confuse and conquer must be the policy at work here.

Nomad Dan- yes, Al-Khafji is the place right near the border to Kuwait. It was taken over for I think three days during Gulf War I by the Irackies.
Mark100

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some guys that work in Khafji-poor sods.

It is very close to Kuwait so they actually spend the weekend in Kuwait.

I would want a lot of money to go there.

Aramco has moved in there recently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: