Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the social life in Dubai like?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: What's the social life in Dubai like? Reply with quote

Hi all,

It seems like Dubai is an up and coming city for teaching, but I'm wondering what the nightlife/ social life is like there? What kind of scene is it? Are there a variety of nightclubs and other places where people go or hang out? Would it be very difficult for single white girls there or basically the same as anywhere else?

Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks...
dogzB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: social in Dubai Reply with quote

Take a look at www.timeoutdubai.com and decide for yourself!!!!

Laughing
Miss TESOL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Another link Reply with quote

Here's another link RE Dubai.

http://www.hetq.am/eng/society/0502-dub.html

For single, white girls, if you can tolerate the leering looks (causing traffic accidents now and then--ha,ha, ha!), the occasional grope, local males trying to follow you around, you should be all right. I've never had anything really bad happen, but it's not the "same as anywhere else", that's for sure.

You might get mistaken for a Russian prostitute now and then, that's why I don't like to go around town by myself if I can help it.

Where are you applying?

Miss TESOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: