Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

volunteer opportunities in addition to teaching?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zewd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: volunteer opportunities in addition to teaching? Reply with quote

I will be taking a TEFL course in Prague (through TEFL Worldwide) that finishes up in the end of June. At this point I'm looking to stay in Prague or at least the Czech Republic, but who knows what I'll decide when I actually get there...

I'm wondering if anyone in the CR can tell me anything about non-ESL related volunteer opportunities that I might be able tp participate in. I have a degree and work experience in a conservation (spec. wildlife/fisheries) field, and also much interest in international relations. I know that Earthwatch and other international conservation groups do a bit of work in the CR due to extensive pollution during the Soviet occupation. Has anyone done anything like this in addition to teaching? Any leads, tips, or advice?

And also, I hear that the average workweek for a teacher in the CR is about 25 hours. Is this true, and if so, will I be able to get by on this many hours or will I have to take on private tutoring lessons in my spare time to make ends meet? (In other words, will I even have TIME to volunteer if I do find the opportunities?)

I realize I have been rather longwinded... hope this makes some sense!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: