Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!!! In Buenos Aires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebekah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: HELP!!! In Buenos Aires Reply with quote

Hi everybody.

My boss at the bilingual school I taught in last year has just called me and asked me to cover lessons for a few weeks while she finds a suitable candidate to teach in the secondary school.

I am completely in love with the kids and staff at this school so I couldn't say no, but being eight months pregnant is going to make this favor really hard to do. So how can you help...

Do ANY of you in the Buenos Aires area (Capital Federal or Northern suburbs) want to teach for a bilingual school in Olivos, four afternoons a week from 1:30 - 4:30. I was paid p$550 a month and she just told me that the salaries would be considerably higher this year...which I know is still not a lot, BUT it's for three hours, four days a week, 80 minutes of which is paid planning time (Mon-Thursday) in a great neighborhood with AWESOME kids (ages 12-17 depending on the group) and the staff is really friendly and helpful. They all speak English really well, AND the best part of this sort of job is that you get paid vacation (most of July and December and all of January and February not mention any other holidays the Argentine government dreams up) paid sick days (I don't know how many it was never an issue how many I took) AND a thirteenth salary split over two payments.

You would be teaching either Language classes or Literature classes to Senior 1-3 (US Grades 10-12 or UK secondary 3-5) and should be familiar with the IGCSE (or GCSE for you Brits), and have some classroom teaching experience. If you don't know what the IGCSE is but you think you are a quick learner you can go look up the syllabus and past papers on the CIE website ([url]http://www.cie.org.uk[/url]) by looking under English as a First Language and English Literature.

She may also have some classes available for Middle 1-3 (US Grades 7-9 or UK primary 7 and Secondary 1-2).

If you e-mail me [email protected] I can give you her phone number or mine to call and make an appointment for an interview. The classes start MONDAY and I am desparate to get out of this because walking down the block is exhausting right now so I can't actually imagine going to school and teaching a group of fifteen 16year olds....on the other hand it might just induce labor and put an end to this ordeal.

Thanks!

Rebekah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: