Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Deposed "Duke" of Doha....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnix

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: The Deposed "Duke" of Doha.... Reply with quote

Yes.I know.We already have one thread about the inimitable "doors'"(That bnix...he is wantonly wasting cyberpace!) But after all, I guess a SUAVE (in?)famous person like "doors" can rate a couple of threads.After all,I see we have two threads on "Euphemisms Used in ELT"
Soooooo...anyway..Mr.Slagdog suggests The Doorman may be in durance vile(you Latin scholars can help me out...I never took Latin)..you know, in the pokey...slammer...hoosegow(Hey! We could start a thread on "jail" expressions!)

Somehow, the idea of The Doorman "cooling his heels"(and the rest of his SUAVE personage) in some godforsaken,fetid,lichen-encrusted(well,at least godforsaken and fetid...maybe there are not too many lichens in Qatar?) oubliette somewhere in the wilds of Qatar fills me with unrestrained GLEE! Laughing

And I have never had the opportunity to visit Qatar...but I hear that, as Middle Eastern venues go...it is fairly liberal...so they probably do not countenance CRUEL and UNUSUAL punishments.....like drawing and quartering...the Iron Maiden(Hey.now THERE's a possibility for a thread..."Torture Methods"!)....or that other awful one...enforced teaching at a hakwon.

So,maybe as punishment...they could rig up some kind of enlargement device...screen posts from Dave's pertaining to The Doorman...but not let him post back...they could play these videos over and over again...while playing something appropriate in the background ..."96 Tears"...."Welcome to my Nightmare"...or the "Doha Prison Blues".Truly fiendish! Laughing Wonder if they let his "super-model" wife visit him in jail?

And if he IS in prison...I guess we can forego plans to put his mug on a milk carton like they do for missing kids(a good thing,too,since apparently we have no photo of the SUAVE GUY).We can also cancel that call we were going to make to Fox and Muldaur...

Well,is the Doorman in jail or has he just been banned? I bet(if he has access to a computer),he has been following these posts....and wailing and gnashing his teeth because he (apparently) can't respond....maybe those are his just desserts... Laughing I cannot imagine him keeping quiet unless there is a reason.
R

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermodel wives paying conjugal visits to Godforsaked, lichen-encrusted oubliettes in Qatar? I think you've just found a niche in the 'speciality' website market...
johnslat

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Endurance ain't vile Reply with quote

Dear bnix,
Ah, hope you'll pardon my mentioning this - but ( and you KNEW there was a " but " coming, didn't you? ) your rather vindictive obsession with the fate of Mr. itslatedoors, is ( to me, at least ) revealing a, shall we say, less than attractive aspect of your character. Yes, I'm aware of how ( and how often ) he " attacked " you on this forum. But good heavens man - you've obviously let his posts get to you - which was exactly what he intended. I'd suggest shrugging off such remarks - from any source, but especially from an individual that 1. you've don't know and have never met ( and, in all likelihood, never will ), and 2. one whose opinions you clearly have little or no respect for, anyway. None of us can gain universal approbation - there will always be those who dislike us, despite our charmng personalites and winning ways. And a person can be judged, not only by the friends he has, but by the enemies he makes. Let it go.
" The dogs bark but the caravan moves on. "
Regards,
John
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear bnix,
If you haven't realized he's been positing under another name for the last few days you are even stupider than he makes you out to be.
bnix

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Now,Stevie Boy..Are We Going to Call Each Other Names? Reply with quote

My,my...as a matter of fact...I DID realize that.As for you calling me "stupid"...well of course I could call you something too,but what would it mean to anyone?And besides,I have too much class to stoop to your level,guy.You pretty well showed your intellect in your post...for everyone to see...so I do not have to say anything.Uh-oh...here come the flamethrowers!!!! I knew someone would step in to replace doors.Looks like it's YOU,Stevie Boy. Laughing
bnix

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Johnslat,Give me a Break Reply with quote

I certainly thought you were intelligent enough not to take my post seriously(well,I know a lot of the others are not intelligent enough...that goes without saying)"Obsessed with Doors"?...Mercy no?Vindictive?Not really.Sarcastic...well,okay,I will give you that one...but compared to some things that have appeared on this forum in the past...my post was an innocent one.And c'mon.johnslat...you mean you are going to try and psychoanalyze me over the NET?I give you credit for a LOT more intelligence than that!Some of the others...who can not make a point without namecalling...well,I just consider the source....they are just part of the flotsam and jetsam...cluttering up this "profession"..Best regards johnslat,but suggest you stick to teaching and leave the psychoanalysis to those who are trained to do it..... Rolling Eyes
johnslat

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Und how long hav you had thees problem? Reply with quote

Dear bnix,
I wouldn't attempt to psychoanalyse you or anyone else in person, never mind on the Net. I was simply comenting on your actions ( i.e. your posts ). It's not a question of anyone else " taking it seriously " - it's that you're appearing to do so by constantly bringing him up. Sorry we disagree on this.
Regards,
John
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Stephen Jones Reply with quote

Could it be that the "Duke of Doha"was right about some of the uptight people on this site all along?By the way,there are no lichens in Qatari prisons...ha ha.
guty

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no prisons as such in Doha, there is no escape from the entire country. And the real Duke fled to his 'Home Counties' home. Doors you are an imposter
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: re Guty Reply with quote

I am not,have never been and never will be the Duke of Doha it would be tantamount to claiming to be the king of the Isle of Wight ...or something equally ridiculous.I am the "doors" reincarnated,born in Elgin,bred in Britain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: