Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lebron James

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Lebron James really scoring?
a) yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
b) no
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
c) who is Lebron James
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

whynotme

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Lebron James Reply with quote

i think you ve all watched the ad....do you think it is a trick or is he really scoring?
having played basketball for years i find it impossible.....
Faustino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not unless they spent all night and day filming him. Remember that David Beckham ad a while back when he was playing a round of golf using a football? It took hours to get that right. There's just no way he'd make every shot in one take.
ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: "home boys" are not like us..... Reply with quote

Those "home boys" are from a different planet.....

Do you remember when Vince Carter dunked well above the head of 7feet 6 inches french player in the Sydney Olympics basketball match between the U.S and France?

The NBA All Star Game, really showed up the difference between the "homies" and "da white boys" - especially when it came to the Dunk contest. The only white guy in the contest took about 10 tries before he could complete the "alley oop"....it was embarassing.....and all the more so when you picked up the comments from the "homies" on the sidelines telling everyone who would listen that "dem white boys got no game!"

Genetics........talent, desire and emulation, spur those home boys to great heights...
Anthony Schierman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I saw that ad I just sat there in appreciative disbelief. But, after much deliberation I decided that next time I would watch with a more critical eye ... and I discovered that during every shot the ball leaves the top of the frame for a split second before reappearing to fall into the basket. It seems to me that if the shot were genuine the camera would follow the ball for the entire time. Not to take anything away from Mr. James of course.
crashartist1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry all I get is turkish television and bad television at that. What is this commercial about? Is it like the commercial where Micheal Vick threw a football from one end zone through the uprights of the opposite goal into the upper decks of the stadium?
Faustino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't checked but you might be able to download it from the website.
dmb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no interest in basketball and didn't know who he was. I asked an american friend last night and I got a 1 hour diatribe about him.( he thinks he is going to be the new Jordan(michael that is not the busty one)) incidently he reckons the ad is bs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: