Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lookin' for a little more info about the scene in Casablanca
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marriage is a bind, Jeremy. Marrying my Thai other half means a humongous dowry to keep her parents, cousins and entire village in the manner in which they�ll soon be accustomed. And if Mrs Hod even dreams I�m playing away, there�s no telling what she�ll do with those rusty old scissors. Then again, Jeremy, when you marry some Moroccan stunner, you'll know all about that.
Quote:
Anyway, get real close to them thar birds (poultry, not women) over thar fur me, wouldja?

Twelve long months of red meat, carbs and saturated fats has made me more of a grilled fish man. Here�s yesterday�s lunch.

Tell you what, Jeremy, show us some pics of your muesli and other Moroccan fare, would you?
Hod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a course. Did you know Couscous must be steamed three times, and each steaming takes twenty-five minutes? Amazing. At the British Council, we would get proper home-made couscous every Friday lunchtime, and I have to say it was very good. But herein lies the problem for the restaurant visitor - Moroccan cooking is labour intensive. No restaurant will ask guests to wait seventy-five minutes - you won't wait and it's not economically viable for the restaurant owner. Most restaurants in Morocco will of course serve couscous, but for the reasons above it will never be as "good as mum's".

But if you think making couscous is a lengthy process, spare a thought for J+Remy. It�s taken him nigh on three years to post a picture of his lunch.
Hod

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened to j.remy? Whilst I was clearly no Casa fan, reading back I have to admit his positivity would've seen him fitting in anywhere. I hope he's well.

An ex-colleague keeps asking me to head back to Casa for a few days to relive the experience. I keep on making excuses as firstly I'm not that interested and secondly I wouldn't feel safe there now. Maybe j.remy is still around to advise on 2016/7 Casa.
mitsui

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks better.
There was a show on CNN.
Lots of new buildings and at least one tram line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: