Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al Ain University of Science and Technology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Never Ceased To Be Amazed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Al Ain University of Science and Technology Reply with quote

Does anyone have ANY information about the institiution in the subject line? They don't even seem to have a webpage that I can find on-line. OMG! Not another ADU scam, is it?!?
tefllifer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Could it be the 'University of Ajman Institute of Sci & Tec' IN Al Ain?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Al Ain University of Science and Technology Reply with quote

If THAT's near the zoo. I've been told that Ajman University isn't there anymore and that THIS university is near the zoo. Maybe, newly renamed?

NCTBA
spicegirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard, this is a new university which will open for the next academic year. Don't know where exactly it'll be situated. Apparently, it's still being planned and organised (?). I know someone who was offered a job there. He was told that the terms and conditions would be the same as at UAEU. He took this with the customary pinch of salt, obviously. Don't hold your breath ....
grand fromage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from a drive to Al Ain where I had the worst interview experience of my life. 4 pompous, arrogant and very unprofessional guys interviewed me. Or should I say interrogated me! Then they proceeded to tell me I might not have the right qualifications to be hired by them! If that's the case, whay didn't they read my CV before offering me an interview? ##**&^%$#@!

It gets better though. Then they offered me a position and asked me if I would be willing to work for what I thought was an OK salary for a private institution (bet. 10-10.5 k AED). However housing was only 30k for single applicants and 40k for married ones. I don't know much about Al Ain but it seems very little.

I told them I was going to think about their offer and get back to them. LOL, I hope they are not holding their breath! Really-4 guys who didn't even get up to greet me, did not introduce themselves and acted like they're god's gift to ESL! DISGUSTING and a waste of my time! It was obvious that the secretaries had scheduled the interviews without any guidance from them as they were looking at my CV for the first time in front of me asking all kind of silly and unprofessional questions (mostly about how my present employer deals with this or that).

Do yourselves a favor and skip this place. If their daily operations are going to be run by this quartet, than I feel there will be horror stories similar to when ADU started up!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention they made comments and asked questions about my accent! Does everyone have to speak British English with R.P.? If that's a requirement for that place, then they don't fit the bill either Wink
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cheese,

Long time, no see. Thanks for my laugh of the evening. I swear... some things just never change. Any idea who ii is that is "managing" this mess? Is it some agency or some foreign uni?

It is good to know that qualifications matching the job don't really matter all that much. Are these yahoos expecting MAs with a zillion years of direct ESP experience? Perhaps they could hire your current management since that is what they asked the most about. Rolling Eyes

VS
skeptic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grand fromage

Hey man! You posted my story. I had the EXACT same experience as you. I know others too, who were less than impressed with the level of profesionalism at this place.

People who are considering a job with this outfit....Note the big

RED FLAG
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeptic wrote:

People who are considering a job with this outfit....Note the big

RED FLAG

Note also that Fromage and the rest were 110% correct about the MLI!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Hear, Hear! Reply with quote

In the words of "Uncle Billy", "Hear, Hear", Big Cheese. The most rotten interview experience in my life! I did it on a lark, but it will take forever to get the bad taste outta my mouth! And to think after that, I got a call back to undergo the same distasteful experience again! Rots of Ruck, suckers! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: