Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you leaving?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you leaving because of SARS, and if so, when?
No, I have no plans to leave
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I will leave and not come back when my contract is finished
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I will leave as soon as I can get hired online for another country
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I will leave as soon as I save up the money
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I am gone, right now (within the month) or have already left
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
I will leave if I can get my significant other to agree
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

chi-chi

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: Are you leaving? Reply with quote

I never thought I would have to do one of these for the Taiwan board, (like many people were doing for the Korean board a few months ago) but here is a poll about whether or not you are leaving....What percent of you guys are?
Sunpower

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chi-Chi:

Don't let all this media hype and bullshi t get you freaked.

I'm staying put and I live in Taipei. So is my girlfriend. I've also talked to other English teachers here who are not too worried about all the media hype.

You might want to wait before you blow all your savings and head for Japan like you were talking a few days ago.

Where are you, anyway?
chi-chi

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not leaving straight away, I'm going to save up as much money as I can before I go, if I go. (Actually my plan is to make it to Japan eventually, it's just a matter of when.) So I'll probably be here another 4 months at least if not longer. That will also give me plenty of time to see how the situation progresses...and if the schools here continue to stay up and running.
I'm on the other side of the country for now, and the schools here have just been hit by it and some are losing students. I'm in Kaohsiung.
Chi-Chi
TheyCallMeTrinity

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chi-chi wrote:
I'm not leaving straight away, I'm going to save up as much money as I can before I go, if I go. (Actually my plan is to make it to Japan eventually, it's just a matter of when.) So I'll probably be here another 4 months at least if not longer. That will also give me plenty of time to see how the situation progresses...and if the schools here continue to stay up and running.
I'm on the other side of the country for now, and the schools here have just been hit by it and some are losing students. I'm in Kaohsiung.
Chi-Chi

Great plans, companero. things are GETTINGgWORSE, but Sunpwer has his rose colored goggles on (which explains why he was agreeing with Okami and I on posts a few months ago and now has become one of those white-washers in denial).

After you settle into Japan with a job and a place to live and are making money again -you'll wonder why you ever came to the island. I know I did, but, like you - I'm on my way back after I spend some time in the civilized (most of the time - and excluding George Bush) U. S.

Your personal safety, sense of security and happiness are the most important things. if leaving will bring them back to you: do it.

Taiwan will always be here (unfortunately) if you want to come back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: