Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Via Lingua Anyone Heard Of Them?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Via Lingua a good choice?
DONT
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
ITS OK
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
GOOD
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

CPS1116

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Via Lingua in Greece Reply with quote

Yes, wolfman, the programme IS internationally recognised. Also, Via Lingua is externally moderated by the University of Birmingham and offers more teaching practice hours than most courses. This is the most important part of the course and vital to becoming a good teacher.

As I posted before, Via Lingua Crete provided me with excellent training and helped me to get a solid first job - so, of course there are others out there, but Via Lingua gets my vote!
Mia2006

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make things clear without propaganda. Yes, it is a good course, but there are others at least as good, externally moderated and acreditted, which offer the same number of teaching hours, from 8 to 10. It's also interesting how the poll goes. Nobody considers it good, but at the same time half say it no good while 66 % say it's excellent. Funny this polarization of opinions. Before I'd choose which course to attend, I'd ask more opinions pros and cons and I'll use my critical mind.
diana83709

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Via Lingua Reply with quote

Via Lingua offers an excellent, indepth, intense TEFL certification course. At the Corinth site, Peter Beech and his staff were more than accomodating to the teachers in training. I would highly recommend Via Lingua for certification. Cheers!
wanderlust23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Via Lingua Reply with quote

hello,
i just graduated from Via Lingua Crete (Aug/Sept) and have only good things to say. The course was interesting,stimulating and Sarah the owner/instructor is just awesome. the only bad thing is that as an American the amount of jobs were few. i just accepted a position in istanbul, a place i had never intended to go...but keeps life interesting. if you have the choice between corinth and crete, definitely go to Crete. i'll be posting a much more detailed account of the course within the week.
naimar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: via lingua Reply with quote

hey
has anyone done the via lingua course in mexico?
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: