Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the best and most recognized EFL course to take???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blakpepa

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: What is the best and most recognized EFL course to take??? Reply with quote

I am from Canada and I will be going to school in Lyon, France within the next couple of months to study French for a year at the University. I would like to take an EFL course in August so that I can teach part-time but now I am totally confused! I have no idea what kind of course to take. My background: although I have no degree as yet, I have several years of nursing school under my belt along and have done health teaching as a part of the curriculum, I also have several years worth of business experience. I have decided to just transfer my credits and is working towards a Psychology degree through Athabasca Uni (a highly reputable and accredited distance based school in Canada). What would be the best direction to take: a CELTA, Trinity or just any ol' I-to-I/other EFL course? I know that people have asked questions, but for someone who will be in France for a year and settling in UK afterwards what is the best option?

Thanks for your help!!!!
junkmail

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CELTA but it won't pay alot in the UK. Nursing would pay more, as would alot of other jobs. It could make a nice gig in France so I'm told, though still not exactly over paid.
go2guy

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Global TESOL. They're everywhere in Canada. They provide all the basics required for teaching EFL, and at a very reasonable price. If this is only going to be a part time thing for a year only there's no need to invest too heavily in EFL training. If you're cut out for the (a)vocation there's no reason why you won't find lots of part time work teaching English. The certificate could help get you into better paying teaching assitant jobs. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: