Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info. on working in the UAE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lionbrian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Ka-CHING! Reply with quote

Right on! If someone is qualified to teach kids in his/her country, why not do hagwons (decent ones) in Korea & pick up lucrative privates? Why the ME?

So, ka-CHING! How's the UAE treating you? Better than Korea?
misslacelle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, some great responses.

Megs, thanks for the encouragement where Dubai is concerned. I've checked out what the Social life is like there and it looks pretty good.

seanmca, you have given me some stuff to think about and it was all really worthwhile info. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

Ka-CHING, thanks for the insight into the international schools. I guess that goes for all of you. Hagwon is hell compared to home, but also better in some ways. Sometimes I dont' feel like I am teaching at all. BUt getting this experience will be good for me.

Honestly, one of my huge reasons for being overseas right now is to save money, so going home, where there are no jobs unless you do go up North (which I am not willing to do) isn't really what I want to do right now I want to do a couple of years overseas and then go home and do a Masters degree in Education; which exact field I don't know yet.

Of course a school which pays a good salary is paramount, but I'm not willing to live in HELL for a year just to get that. So I appreciate all your comments and feedback more than you know. I think that I will broaden my search to International schools all over the world, but I know I don't want to do the Hagwon thing for more than this year.

I'll keep researching and you can all rest assured that I will be on-line asking you questions again when they arrise.

Thanks again for all the helpful and well spirited conversation.

Misslacelle
misslacelle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey lionbrian,

I was just looking into the ME because of conversations that came up. I am broadening my search now. I'm new at this Smile

I think that I work for a relatively decent Hagwon, but there are some defenite downfalls. If at all possible, I would like to work for a school which is a little more structured like back home. That being said, beggars can't be choosers, so I know I will have to make some adaptations myself.

How is Micronesia treating you?

Misslacelle
lionbrian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Miss. LACELLE Reply with quote

Hi,

Just to lead you to the right direction, I have PMed you!

Wish you all the best!
misslacelle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Miss. LACELLE Reply with quote

lionbrian wrote:
Hi,

Just to lead you to the right direction, I have PMed you!

Wish you all the best!

help me out here...Smile what is PMed?

Stupid question?....I hope not.
lionbrian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: PMed! Reply with quote

PM: Private Message (check your mail box)
PMed: Past tense of PM. In grammar, PM does not exist, but in this forum, it is OK!

Hasta pronto!
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misslacelle

Did you find your mailbox? It is up in the right hand corner of the page? You have to be signed in to check you mail, of course.

Have you thought about checking out the international schools in Korea? If you could make contact with any expat teachers that work there, they might have some recommendations of how to go about finding jobs around the world.

VS
turtlepi1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: PMed! Reply with quote

lionbrian wrote:
PM: Private Message (check your mail box)
PMed: Past tense of PM. In grammar, PM does not exist, but in this forum, it is OK!

Hasta pronto!

Since you mentioned grammar, any comment on these?

Research
RE: Search
Re-search

Really what I was wondering was can I form the last one or do I have to say "search again", "resubmit (the) search", etc.

Can you tell I am procrastinating on something big-time. Smile
lionbrian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: PMed! Reply with quote

[quote="turtlepi1"][quote="lionbrian"]PM: Private Message (check your mail box)

Hasta pronto![/quote]

Since you mentioned grammar, any comment on these?

Research
RE: Search
Re-search

Really what I was wondering was can I form the last one or do I have to say "search again", "resubmit (the) search", etc.

Can you tell I am procrastinating on something big-time. Smile[/quote]
===============================================
Hi T,

In this forum, it's up to you!

Grammatical hint: Check "prefix" chapter!

Ciao!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: