Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone teaching in Brazil?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
portochuck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Anyone teaching in Brazil? Reply with quote

Anyone in Brazil teaching english now? If so what cities?
JZer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

portochuck, when are you planning to go to Brazil? I hope to start teaching in Brazil in February. Where are you looking to go?
portochuck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 2.5yrs ago.....Ive been in Brazil for about 2.5yrs. I was just looking for other people teaching in Brazil to talk to....and find out if they are in Porto Alegre.
JZer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how are things in Porto Alegre? Is it possible to find a job teaching at a university if you are already working in Brazil? I would like to try and apply for a university job during my first year, while I word in a private language school.
fragganika

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there large, fun expat communities anywhere in Brazil? I lived in such a small town I never met another native english speaker there!

Seems like expats in Brazil integrate into the local culture rather easily, but it was so much fun, when I lived in France, to be in a big crew of foreigners sharing all these cultural quirks and kinda being there for each other in a way the locals can't be there for us (oh but may my Brazilian family forgive me for that remark!)
portochuck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What small town do you live in now? My brother lives in Rio...and there is a small klan of Americans there......and I live in Porto Alegre....And Im starting to meet more and more Americans here.......I do know there is a small city in the NORTH that was founded by Americans after the Civil War.....But As you know Im not good at remembering names...
malcoml

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An expat community should not be to hard to find in Sao Paulo. It is a strange place Brazil. So many rich people there yet so little employment for ESL teachers. Many rich people send their children to foreign university whether they can speak English or not.
portochuck

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malcoml wrote:
It is a strange place Brazil. So many rich people there yet so little employment for ESL teachers. Many rich people send their children to foreign university whether they can speak English or not.

I may have to disagree just alittle on this...POA...you can find jobs here teaching English..but you will not much....but on the other hand you can teach private classes and make more.....
PKB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering how others managed to find work and how those with the 180 visa restriction dealt with that. Just leave after 180 days and work in new country? Will anyone hire you if they know you are going to have to leave the country in 180 days?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: