Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beyond Jalan Jaksa?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghostdog

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Beyond Jalan Jaksa? Reply with quote

Several years ago it seemed that all teachers new to Jakarta started out on Jalan Jaksa. Never exactly welcoming, it was tolerable enough for a while.

Having recently returned to Jakarta, even I am taken aback by the deterioration of the street. And there don't seem to be any teachers or teachers in waiting here (except possibly in the handful of bars left, and I don't go to bars).

Is there a new place to stay/wait/sort out work options that I'm unaware of? Thanks for any info.
willy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe thoes days are gone, internet and all. to me mopst teachers here dotn meet to be frends , not all but many dont want anay new teachers here

i will write more on this soon
blueboyguru

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Jaksa Reply with quote

Yes.....Jalan Jaksa....... well......it is ok.....but beware of Jaksa burn out.

Used to hang out there quite often last year.....when I was working at another school, located closer to Jaksa.

There are certainly other options. You just need to experiment, and then decide what your taste, and more importantly your budget will allow for.

Not sure that teachers here don't really want new teachers. There are so many new schools opening in and around Jakarta, this is like Silicon Valley in the salad days of the mid-1990's.

It is not pretty and not for the faint of heart......but those in the know...will always love Jaksa for what it is. The physical icon of a dirty, filfthy sewer of a city named Jakarta.....that for some reason we love.

Hope this helps....take care. Maybe we will meet on Jl .Jaksa sometime.
[/img]
Winmarr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a couple of years since I was last there, so I'm a bit out of touch. I quite like Jaksa for some reason. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: