Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting certified in France

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeInChi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Getting certified in France Reply with quote

Though I prefer to work towards a CELTA certificate I am considering other certification programs in France in locations other than Paris (Yes, I'm on a budget and I can't help looking when I see those lower tuitions and lower housing/living expenses).

I am desperate for some good advice. I intend to spend 3 months in France at the end of 2005 for the dual purpose of continuing my study of French and to obtain legitimate TEFL certification. I keep looking at the The International TEFL Corporation (TITC) program in Bordeaux. Any thoughts?? What I do not want is to spend lots of time and money only to find that I possess a useless certificate.

I am wide open to all advice/suggestions. Thanks
spiral78

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll help if you state what you'd like to do with your future certification.
Where do you aim to teach?
The type of certification you hold is just one factor in finding employment. In EU member countries, for example, you need to also be able to meet national regulations regarding work visas and etc.
You'll likely get more pertinent feedback if you can offer a few more details about your goals.
MikeInChi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Getting certified in France Reply with quote

My objective is to teach business and medical english in France and elsewhere in Europe as opportunities arise.

I already have a BA degree from Michigan State University and some post-grad study at Northwestern. Currently semi-retired from my career as a marketing communications executive/executive editor in the health association field.

Ideally, I would like to teach in France/Europe several months per year while maintaining my residence in Chicago (and working here when not overseas).
rogan

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: in France Reply with quote

A CELTA has no value in France.

Any foreign qualifications need to be homologu� to find their equivalence in terms of BAC + 3/4/5

If you are not an EU national you need a work visa which is obtained by the employer after they have shown the authorities that they could not find anyone equally qualified.
That takes them time and money.

For Americans /Canadians etc a better bet might be to look at companies/schools from their own countries based in France (Contact your Embassies for lists)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: