Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teach english learn spanish

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelito

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: teach english learn spanish Reply with quote

can anyone let me know if they ae aware of a school in mexico or south amerrica where i can teach english and in return recieve spanish classes.
Smile
Ben Round de Bloc

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Barter System Reply with quote

At the language school where I used to work, some of the teachers had a sort of barter system of language instruction. Some of the native-Spanish-speaking teachers and some of the native-English-speaking teachers had classes where they taught each other -- an hour of English for an hour of Spanish and vice versa. The school owner donated use of the school's facilities for these classes. It seemed to work well.

Best wishes!
Smile
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one that I know about. I'm sure there are more though.
http://www.geocities.com/dunhaminstitute/

I also remember something about a place called "Bridge Linguatec" in San Cristobal de las Casas. I think they had a similar program.

Cool

Suerte
MELEE

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check out The Instituto de estudios interamericanos http://www.cedei.org/ in Cuenca, Ecuador. I went there to study Spanish and got into English teaching in 1995. But I think there have been some structural changes in the meantime and I don't know if they are doing this kind of exchange anymore or not. You also might want to look at Amerispan http://www.amerispan.com/ . The place in San Cristobal that was mentioned is called La Puente. I've been there, it is a non-profit cultural center with a coffee house, flim club, guest speakers, and language exchanges. I didn't take classes there, but I liked the place.

In general teachers have to work so many hours to support themselves it can be hard to take classes as well. But if you have some savings it is do-able. Or you might want to just study intensively for a few months, then start teaching and simply living in a Spanish speaking environment.

Best of Luck,
MELEE

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Centro Cultural El Puente Reply with quote

The Centro Biling�e, at the Centro Cultural El Puente, Real de Guadalupe 55, 29250 San Crist�bal de las Casas, Chi. (tel. 800/303-4983 in the U.S., or tel. and fax 967/678-3723),
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: