Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - Finding work in France

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissDVLA

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Help - Finding work in France Reply with quote

Can anyone help me - fast! After a very sudden change of plans it looks as though I may be moving to Nice in August and I will need to find work as a teacher ASAP. Does anyone know how hard or easy it is to find work in France generally or even specifically in Nice. I'm sort of keeping my fingers crossed that someone will have a contact in Nice and I will be able to stop panicing. Confused

Does anyone have any suggestions, tips or advise for how to find work in France. Any websites that I can try as searching on yahoo has come up with nothing.

A bit of my background. I am CELTA qualified and have experience teaching 13-18 year olds and au pairing for 3-5 year olds. I don't speak any French, but plan to attend an intensive course upon arrival.
daily chai

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will largely depend on whether you are legally allowed to work in France/the EU. It's always easier to find work outside the capital, so you're on the right track there.

BTW I advise you to change your signature to put a space between sections of your email address, or write (at) (dot) and so on; so that automated web crawling programs can identify the line as an email address and put you on their spam list.
MissDVLA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Hitting the pavements Reply with quote

I can legally work in France, but I have still not found anything. Does anyone have any websites where I could look. Or is it possible to turn up and hit the pavements looking for jobs?
DME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: I know nothing about Nice, but... Reply with quote

you can try this link:

http://www.pagesblanches.fr/pj.cgi

do a search on 'langues' in Nice and you should come up with a list of language schools that you can apply to. I've found it difficult finding out where the jobs are (except by word of mouth, but I can't help you there). The schools might not be hiring, but at least it's a start. I think someone from this forum actually told me to do that, and it was quite helpful (although I did have to do some sorting out...it's not perfect, and it's in French so you might need someone to help you. Just look for 'anglais').

You can also apply to be an assistant, although technically the deadline is over. The website is here: http://www.ciep.fr/en/assistantetr/. You could just e-mail them and see what they have to say...at least you wouldn't have to worry about using French. I think it's fairly difficult to find work in France over the internet, but once you get there things will come up. Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: