Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cancellation of Foreing Experts Book
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anna_pawlosia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Cancellation of Foreing Experts Book Reply with quote

Hey!
Does anyone of you had to cancel this red book? I am suppose to work in Beijing, but before I go, I have to get a certificate stating that the book is cancelled.
In Henan where I work, the Provincial Foreign Office in Zhengzhou refused to issue such a document, saying that there is no law which would allow that.
So the result of the situation is: the Beijing Foreign Experts Office demands that document and Henan Office refuses to issue the document.
What should I do?
Rolling Eyes
Jolly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cancellation of Foreing Experts Book Reply with quote

anna_pawlosia wrote:
Hey!
Does anyone of you had to cancel this red book? I am suppose to work in Beijing, but before I go, I have to get a certificate stating that the book is cancelled.
In Henan where I work, the Provincial Foreign Office in Zhengzhou refused to issue such a document, saying that there is no law which would allow that.
So the result of the situation is: the Beijing Foreign Experts Office demands that document and Henan Office refuses to issue the document.
What should I do?
Rolling Eyes

I'll take a stab at this since no one else has. When an American passport has expired, the consulate takes a hole puncher and punches several holes in it -- it's cancelled.

Get yourself a hole puncher -- and a big RED CHINESE CHOP can't hurt.

Punch your Foreign Experts book then give it a few chops! That should do the trick. Hand the book into your new employer and explain that a certificate is no longer needed, per the office in Henen -- a hole ridden and chopped Foreign Expert's book is all they need! Your book is indeed cancelled!

Seriously, I've never heard of what your described, so what I suggested may work! I have, however, come up against some hardheaded, strong-willed, rule-toting Chinese! I feel your pain.

Let us know how it all turns out for you. I know you'll love working in Beijing if you can just get past all the red tape! Rolling Eyes

Kind regards,
Jolly
anna_pawlosia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Jolly!
What you wrote seems to be the only reasonable solution!
If nothing else works out, I wil take this chance Smile
tw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cancellation of Foreing Experts Book Reply with quote

anna_pawlosia wrote:

Once the expiry date is up the FEC is expired and then you can get a new one. That's my understanding. My next employer is in the process of getting me my new FEC while I have my previous FEC in the drawer as a momento.
cj750

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I move to Beijing ..I was asked to get a release form from Dalian PSB...I contacted my last employer and they took care of it.
anna_pawlosia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange...I was told to get something like this stupid document about cancellation of FEC...

tw - the expiry date is 2006...so does this mean I can use it for the next job??? you know, I just checked it - I have my present employer's name in this one Sad

why China has to be so complicated??? Mad
tw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anna_pawlosia wrote:
That's strange...I was told to get something like this stupid document about cancellation of FEC...

tw - the expiry date is 2006...so does this mean I can use it for the next job??? you know, I just checked it - I have my present employer's name in this one Sad

Ah OK then in that case you need to get it cancelled, probably at the Foreign Experts Affairs Bureau.
tofuman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be careful about tampering with any government documents. Some of these folks fail to see the humor in what they might consider a disrespectful act.
Volodiya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the FEC is specific to the employer and should be surrendered at the conclusion of your employment. The new employer then gets you a new one. I don't have the reference in front of me at the moment, (sorry), so I may get this name wrong- this information was published by the "Ministry of Foreign Expert Affairs" which is in charge of setting standards and approving the hiring of foreign experts, as well as issuing the FEC, and I found it with a websearch.
tw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volodiya wrote:
I've read the FEC is specific to the employer and should be surrendered at the conclusion of your employment. The new employer then gets you a new one. I don't have the reference in front of me at the moment, (sorry), so I may get this name wrong- this information was published by the "Ministry of Foreign Expert Affairs" which is in charge of setting standards and approving the hiring of foreign experts, as well as issuing the FEC, and I found it with a websearch.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I asked my next employer if I should mail my old FEC back when I was going to mail my photos, medical exam report, and application form for FEC and he said no because the government is just going to issue me a new one anyway -- even though I will be teaching in the same city. Just hold on to it and don't deface it.
anna_pawlosia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your ideas Smile
Me, and my friends now are waiting. Our school is "trying" to deal with this FEC issue.

I will write soon Smile
anna_pawlosia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solution is veerry Chinese.
We are allowed to take the FEC with us to Beijing...
Hopefully no more problems.

Cheers,
Anna
eslLori

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: FEC-WE PAID FOR IT... Reply with quote

OUR SCHOOL WANTS US TO GIVE BACK THE CARD TO THEM.THEY ARE THE SAME FOLKS who are causing us all the problems,why would we give it to them-after all we paid 800rmb and its good till 3/06?
We will give it/mail it to the Gansu FE office. Our new school said don't worry cuz they are in a different province anyhow.
tw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: FEC-WE PAID FOR IT... Reply with quote

eslLori wrote:
OUR SCHOOL WANTS US TO GIVE BACK THE CARD TO THEM.THEY ARE THE SAME FOLKS who are causing us all the problems,why would we give it to them-after all we paid 800rmb and its good till 3/06?
We will give it/mail it to the Gansu FE office. Our new school said don't worry cuz they are in a different province anyhow.

Many school do this because their name is on it and if you get into trouble working somewhere else they are afraid the PSB will come looking for them.

Tell them for 800 RMB you will give it back to them.
Babala

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FEC is the property of the school. You should give it back to them if they request it. Some schools also try and get the FT's to part with their resident permit, this is yours and goes with you. The FEC stays with the school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: