Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z Visas and Residence Permits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spelunker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: re: hunan? Reply with quote

Can one infer from this, that Hunan province, outside of changsha, is still doable visa wise?
Armalite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just got my passport back from the Chinese embassy with a new Z visa (paid for by myself).

Is it possible for me to enter China and to start work with a company other than the one which provided the documents for my Z visa application? Would it still be possible to get a work permit and residency permit without any problems?

The reason, you have probably guessed, is that I have received another job offer in the same city for double the salary.

Thsnks in advance for any advice.
Spelunker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: re: walking on ice Reply with quote

I'm not an old time china hand, but consider myself a middling china hand (6 and a bit years in China), that I think you are walking on thin ice. Normally as I remember it your employer/school gets the Z visa documentation from the local police, and the Z visa gets flipped over before the 30 days are up by your employer or FAO. If your employer who got you the Z wants to be spiteful or the cops in the place where your job will be in, even if the same city, say no, then it could be not doable sadly.

Unfortunately things are not black and white, even when they should be in you know where.

I'd do some background research and hope that more people reply on here.

Good luck
sp
Vaxa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read how China is cracking down on Z visa applications from people with no degrees etc etc. And I just cant seem to get a solid answer as to wether I would be able to get my Z visa.

I know the requirements needed to be considered for a Z visa.

But truthfully how likely is it that I would be accepted for the Z visa?

I am 27, no degree/BA, I have been working for about 10 years (2 Jobs.)
Part time self employed guitar tutor for kids. No real teaching qualifications if I am honest.

I have told the agency I have been offered the job through all these details and that I know a Z visa is required and that I would not accept any other type of visa.

They tell me it wont be a problem, that they will arrange it all and it will be a Z visa.

So my question is... Why would the recruiter go through various interviews via skype with me and have now been dealing with me for awhile and have offered me the job... If I am not going to be accepted for the visa as I do not meet the requirements?
Shroob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaxa wrote:
I read how China is cracking down on Z visa applications from people with no degrees etc etc. And I just cant seem to get a solid answer as to wether I would be able to get my Z visa.

I know the requirements needed to be considered for a Z visa.

But truthfully how likely is it that I would be accepted for the Z visa?

I am 27, no degree/BA, I have been working for about 10 years (2 Jobs.)
Part time self employed guitar tutor for kids. No real teaching qualifications if I am honest.

I have told the agency I have been offered the job through all these details and that I know a Z visa is required and that I would not accept any other type of visa.

They tell me it wont be a problem, that they will arrange it all and it will be a Z visa.

So my question is... Why would the recruiter go through various interviews via skype with me and have now been dealing with me for awhile and have offered me the job... If I am not going to be accepted for the visa as I do not meet the requirements?

The way I see it there are 3 options.

1) They can actually get you a Z visa and have got around the guidelines somehow.

2) They are telling you they can get a Z visa but when the invitation letter comes it will be an L, or other.

3) They are forging your qualifications.

Giving how you are applying to Beijing, where the requirements are reportedly being tightened, I'd discount number 1. So if I had to guess I'd say 2 or 3 is happening.

You should be sent a letter of invitation and an application for a work permit. That's the way you get a Z visa. If you don't receive these then you can't get a Z visa.
Vaxa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats brilliant info shroob thanks for the heads up. Can I ask though, will the Z visa application with the letter of invitation state on the paper work that it is an actual Z visa I am guessing?
Shroob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaxa wrote:
Thats brilliant info shroob thanks for the heads up. Can I ask though, will the Z visa application with the letter of invitation state on the paper work that it is an actual Z visa I am guessing?

My invitation letter / work permit actually arrived yesterday, so it's fresh in my mind (I last did this two years ago).

Once you've got a done deal with the employer e.g. they say we'll have you and you accept, they should start the application process their end. I should say that at this stage some employers will ask you to sign a 'contract' in reality this means nothing, it's when you get there that you sign the actual contract.

Anyway, the employer goes to the local government with your documents and gets a work permit and invitation letter. They then send the documents to you. The work permit will say 'work permit' on it. Once you have these documents you then go to an embassy/consulate to apply for a Z visa. If you do not receive a letter with 'work permit' then I doubt you'll be able to get a Z visa.

Once you have the Z visa you can legally enter China to work. Once in China you have 30 days to transfer your Z visa to a Residency Permit.

I have created this:

http://imgur.com/a/h6jwo

I was going to PM but I thought others may find it useful.

I have blanked out the sensitive details about myself/my employer.

Basically it's the Invitation letter and both sides of the Work Permit.
I started adding notes but then realised that it said the stuff I was writing in English already.
3701 W.119th

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't doubt that a school can forge scans of a degree/TEFL certificate/reference letter evidencing 2 years teaching experience (all 3 of which are required to issue the letter of invitation/work permit in many of the more popular locations for FTs). Getting your Z visa would then be very straightforward.

The main problem I can see here is when you arrive in China, and try to convert the Z visa to a residence permit. The originals are required at this stage, I believe (rather than the forged scans the school would have mocked up). I'm not 100% certain, as I don't arrive in China until next Monday. I will have my original documents with me though.

Whether or not you would want to move to the other side of the world, blind, to work for an employer who was willing to forge documents is another matter entirely.
Vaxa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great shroob cheers for that!

Can anyone clarify what 3701 W.119th has said??

As this would be quite worrying. I thought I pretty much got the z visa sorted here in the UK so why would that be a problem?

I thought the Z visa was basically stamped into your passport no?

Any help appreciated guys.
wangdaning

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaxa wrote:
Thats great shroob cheers for that!

Can anyone clarify what 3701 W.119th has said??

As this would be quite worrying. I thought I pretty much got the z visa sorted here in the UK so why would that be a problem?

I thought the Z visa was basically stamped into your passport no?

Any help appreciated guys.

The Z visa is for entry. Once here it needs to be converted to a residence permit. At that point it is possible they could ask for originals. Been here 6 years and never needed to show originals, but I am not in Beijing.
Vaxa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see... so the problem could lie with the agency not sending me the original paper work for the Z visa?

I take it they are suppose to send me the originals in paper which you guys think if it is forged documents then they wont send me the papers which they are suppose to?
Shroob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaxa wrote:
I see... so the problem could lie with the agency not sending me the original paper work for the Z visa?

I take it they are suppose to send me the originals in paper which you guys think if it is forged documents then they wont send me the papers which they are suppose to?

Not exactly. They will send you the invitation letter and work permit (to get the Z visa). How they got those when you haven't got a degree or qualifications...is the heart of the issue. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they forged you a degree without you knowing and submitted that to the government.

And I'm not saying that this is the situation, just that it's an option. I wouldn't like to say what's happening. There has been a lot of talk about Beijing cracking down on the requirements and enforcing them, how true this is I don't know. I've only been informed by these boards and related forums. It's possible they've done nothing wrong, and they can actually get you the work permit in a fair manner.

If I were you, and you've formally accepted and they've accepted you. Ask them about the invitation letter and work permit - how long will it be? Have they applied?
Vaxa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Shroob cheers matey! I think will ask them that seems the logical thing to do here.

Thanks for making me understand it is all coming together now on how this works lol
nomad-ish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know the process for residence permit (from Z visa) renewals? My contract is 2 years and my foreign expert certificate doesn't expire until next year, but my residence permit expires in August. I mostly just want to know if I have to go through the annoying medical check again.
Piper2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad-ish wrote:
Does anyone know the process for residence permit (from Z visa) renewals? My contract is 2 years and my foreign expert certificate doesn't expire until next year, but my residence permit expires in August. I mostly just want to know if I have to go through the annoying medical check again.

Current RP (from a z) will expire in Aug, continue with same school: no medical

Current RP (from a z) will expire in Aug, sign on with different school: yes medical?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 25 of 29

Jump to: