Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z Visas and Residence Permits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bule_boy69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Reply with quote

JRJohn wrote:
I think it's bloody ridiculous if the Chinese authorities are still asking us to do the full medical check from abroad!

Can anyone who recently got a Z visa recently in their home country confirm this was the case?

Thanks
thechangling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i had to do it with my GP to get my Z visa incountry (New Zealand).
bule_boy69

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thechangling wrote:
Yes i had to do it with my GP to get my Z visa incountry (New Zealand).
Thanks. And was this a full on medical check complete with xrays/ecg etc?
The song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a long shot. But has anyone gotten a Z-Visa from Latin America? Specifically Colombia. I am waiting for the school to send me the documents so that I can apply. But I want to stay here until I go to China, and it might be really hard to do which sucks a little because I barely got to enjoy Colombia and I might have to fly back to Canada if they don't accept my application here.
nomadic_meow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot going on int this thread, but...

Any updates on how long it generally takes schools to transfer visa status from one province to another? In this case it would be from a private school to a university. Do they have to start the whole process over again locally or do they generally just move the paperwork around?

I'm looking at a university in Shanghai which seemed interested, but the person I spoke with didn't seem to really know this part. Thanks.
Greg 09

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The teachers I've known coming and going between schools within China have not had to do the Z visa process. They have had to do the whole in-country process from scratch though, in the new location of course. Med exam, FEC application, residence permit etc.

The time all that takes depends on a lot of things, but in our place it's usually about a month start to finish.
nomadic_meow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with a few more school staff and agency people informally. I'm hearing guesses everywhere from two weeks to two months.

Looks like I may be taking a break from China, at least for a little while.
nomadic_meow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Reply with quote

bule_boy69 wrote:
JRJohn wrote:
I think it's bloody ridiculous if the Chinese authorities are still asking us to do the full medical check from abroad!

Can anyone who recently got a Z visa recently in their home country confirm this was the case?

Thanks

I was able to get the medical check for Qingdao in Qingdao, and complete the visa paperwork in the US. Not that it's cheap unless you're planning to fly anyway.

However, you have to figure out what your status is going to be if you're in China before you're officially hired. Do you come as a tourist or what, etc.

That can create additional hassles -- sometimes boatloads. It might depend partly on where you need to enter from and how the Chinese system views transactions coming from that place generally. Speaking for myself, I've gone through many days of wait and some hassle getting Chinese visas both in Kazakhstan (work) and Vietnam (tourist).

It seems to me that it was much easier getting a work visa processed in the US (question of travel expense there aside). That is, provided you can get all the stuff in place somewhere that you need to actually file a proper application in the US...
Tazz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me how much the fee is for the Z visa? Will be going to Chinese visa centre tomorrow.....can't find anything on their web page regarding how much. I assume it's the same whatever country you apply in?
Greg 09

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://id.china-embassy.org/eng/lsqw/visainfo/t389503.htm

Depends on your nationality
wangdaning

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China usually makes you pay what your country would charge Chinese for a visa.
JerkyBoy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told I have to apply for Z from my home country.

Now I've been told by a plucky recruitment agent that if you are considered resident in a foreign country (i.e. have a work permit there), you can apply at the China embassy in that country ...

true or more horsesh*t?
wangdaning

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerkyBoy wrote:
I was told I have to apply for Z from my home country.

Now I've been told by a plucky recruitment agent that if you are considered resident in a foreign country (i.e. have a work permit there), you can apply at the China embassy in that country ...

true or more horsesh*t?

They would need to get a letter of invitation stating that country and you could need to check with the Chinese consulate there.
joshbhoy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi how long on average does it take the employer to get the Foreign expert certificate and letter of invitation? I just submitted all my documentation and medical form and the employer advised the school will start the process of applying for my work permit and visa and it could take 8-10 weeks. This seems exceptionally long, is this a standard timescale?
ymmv

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshbhoy wrote:
Hi how long on average does it take the employer to get the Foreign expert certificate and letter of invitation? I just submitted all my documentation and medical form and the employer advised the school will start the process of applying for my work permit and visa and it could take 8-10 weeks. This seems exceptionally long, is this a standard timescale?

it usually takes 3-4 weeks, BUT.....

When's your planned start date? Are you already in China or incoming?

Some FAOs like to consolidate and submit all their applications at one time for each semester rather than piece by piece. It may be that the school is waiting to get all their new hires in line before submitting everything and thus the 8-10 weeks quote. If you are already signed up and in country, no need to rush your application thru from their viewpoint....
just waiting to add you to the batch of new air paperworks they'll be submitting. in which case 10-12 weeks sound about right. submit them all then and they'll all be processed and returned before Winter holiday starts.

If you're anxious or need it earlier, you should bring it up to them. But remember the old adage, "A emergency on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." Substitute "anxiety" for "emergency" and then relax .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: