Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bachelor's pad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luca

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Bachelor's pad Reply with quote

Another thing! Smile especially in Jubail Industrial College Cool they promised the bachelors staff a luxurius apartment type of accomodation Laughing but actually Crying or Very sad they put them in a one bed sit room Shocked we called them the birds cages!!! Crying or Very sad
omar805

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Bachelors' Pads Reply with quote

Oh No! Is this really true? I was thinking about applying for a job with them.Does the same apply at Yanbu Industrial College?
luca2003

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bachelors' Pads Reply with quote

[quote="omar805"]Oh No! Is this really true? I was thinking about applying for a job with them.Does the same apply at Yanbu Industrial College?[/quote]

Unfortunately!!! Shocked It's very true indeed Mr. Omar805 Crying or Very sad
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: KSA Reply with quote

So you will be doing a runner over the Eid vacation ? I recommend Korea. You will have LOTS to whinge about there.
bnix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: It Depends on Whether you Get a Reasonable Employer Reply with quote

Scot,I guess you have a reasonable employer in Saudi.You sound reasonably happy..When I was in Saudi(now don't laugh TOO loudly,Scot),I worked for that outfit down by Khobar which purports to turn out Saudi naval cadets.I was young(well,younger,anyway) and naive at the time.My first ESL assignment,but I only lasted six months...I told them one of the members of my family was ill 'My heart was sick" and I had to go back to the US for awhile.So long,guys.I never looked back.Incidentally,I was there when that British teacher was murdered(that was in 1992).After that, I decided to get out and teach somewhere else.

Actually,my current job in Korea is much better.I do know what you mean about whinging,though and the reasons for it.One of the big reasons is that a lot of the "teachers" are not teachers at all...a perennial problem that has been discussed elsewhere on this board...
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear bnix,
Another reason, I'd say, is that too many teachers ( perhaps especially the " younger " ones ) don't appreciate how crucial it is to do as thorough a " research job " as possible before accepting a new position. Heck, I was that way myself, way back when. But if you don't do all you can to try to find out just what you're getting into, you can be letting yourself in for some nasty surprises. Maybe only ( bad ) experiences can really make people see how " flying blind " can be dangerous. You probably can never be 100% sure of what's in store, but you can at least minimize the
hazards
Regards,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: