Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

are salaries getting lower in KSA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar805

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: are salaries getting lower in KSA? Reply with quote

Just saw this ad and presume there's a typo mistake in the salary stated but even if they mean 7500 SR, this seems to be getting lower.
Posted: Mon 9th Jun 2003 12:45 GMT Add to My Jobs' Folder
English Language Teachers
Saudi Development & Training Co Ltd Location Riyadh, Tabuk, Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Deadline --
Experience 2 years
Positions 10
Details
EFL teachers to teach saudi youth on the English Language

Qualifications
Minimum university degree and CELTA or trinity Cert, or equivalent (diploma and/or MA preferred) Native English Language speakers minimum of two years overseas experience .computer literate and culturally aware.

Compensation
competitive salary , SR 750 monthly local transport allowance , shared housing, medical insurance , flights to and from home country at start and end fo contract and vacation ticket allowance
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: Huh? Reply with quote

Dear omar805,
You wrote -
" Just saw this ad and presume there's a typo mistake in the salary stated but even if they mean 7500 SR, this seems to be getting lower. "

Well, one of us is misreading the ad, then, because it seems to me that the salary isn't specified, but that the " 750 " is for the transport allowance ( we get only 500 SR at the IPA ).

Compensation
competitive salary , SR 750 monthly local transport allowance , shared housing, medical insurance , flights to and from home country at start and end fo contract and vacation ticket allowance

Regards,
John
Pilot in Command

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with John's interpretation. I saw this ad a couple of days ago. The salary is not specified. The SR750 is for local transportation costs (taxi, your own car, etc.).

"Competitive" can mean high or low salary, so don't let that alone discourage you from seeking more information. But what is a "high" salary in Saudi Arabia? For ELT's that used to mean $3000/mo +. But I think salaries have been going down in recent years.

However, in the wake of recent tragic events in Riyadh, some companies are adding 15-25% to their former salaries to keep their employees and/or attract new ones to replace those who left after 5/12.

Good luck in your search!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: