Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i made it! Hooray!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michellem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: i made it! Hooray! Reply with quote

hello everyone,

i arrived in France on July 14th after a long; boring trip. I got my Carte de sejour on July 21 and am looking for a job. I didn't have to make an appointment at the prefecture like some of the posters here said they hqd to. I just walked in with my husband and walked out with it 90 minutes later. no problem. I remember it being much harder last time.

JOb hunting in the summer is hard work. Especially since I have a teaching degree and many schools are closed for the holidays.

Does anyone know if I have to get my diplomas homologu� at the rectorat to work in the private school system? Is it worth the effort or will they just look at my diplomas + experience as is? Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks
Michelle in Taverny
stupidfathobbit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !
I take it you re not an EU citizen ?
I have just found a job teaching English in a private school in France. I am French but qualified as a teacher in the UK. All I did was translate my CV, picked up the Pages Jaunes and sent letters to all private schools in the area (with a stamped addressed enveloppe !). A lot of disappoinment, but eventually two interviews and an offer for a one year temporary maternity replacement. It was suggested they would have been happy enough to employ someone with a French Licence.
Of course, they now get a very experienced teacher for a ridiculous bottom of the scale salary. I tried to get my degree recognised but there seems to be no "equivalence". Looks like I might be heading for the dreaded CAPES !! Confused
DME

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it went so easily for you! (wishful sigh) Good luck job hunting -- don't know much about either the public/private school system as I'm sticking to a private language school for the moment. Let us know what you find out! I've asked French-nationality English teachers about getting into the system and no one knows much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: