Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BE CAREFUL OF CECN

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ESLJ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: BE CAREFUL OF CECN Reply with quote

MOD EDIT

I worked for them for two long years. The first was not bad, the second AWFUL due to the new Project Director who we believe will be there SEPTEMBER 2005. I myself am a Canadian and ASHAMED of this company

In a nutshell they have:

-bullied people
-denied people access to health and medical care
-lied to people about the contracts
-divulged people's personal information, most of which was very sensitive
-blackmailed teachers into staying another year, if not they would not be given a letter of release
-housed teachers far away from their place of work
-reduced people to tears

and MUCH MORE Sad

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think twice before applying to this company. If you want to work in Oman then do so but for another company, like SQU, BRITISH COUNCIL..........etc.....Oman is a fantastic country to work in, but only if you are working for the right country.

MOD EDIT
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting ridiculous. Why in heavens name do we need two more threads on the same stuff? I think you and Zaytuni need to get a life or at least a job and MOVE ON!!

I see a MOD has locked Zaytuni's and edited yours...

If both of you had managed to stick to the topic on the long thread, it wouldn't have been pulled. All of the information from a number of unhappy teachers would have been there and you could have just updated. (or bumped it) If you actually want to warn prospective teachers about taking a job there, you are making yourselves look as bad as CECN.

VS
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: