Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in the Summer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamieMarie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Teaching in the Summer Reply with quote

I am interested in teaching in the summer months, maybe 4-6 weeks. I was wondering if there are any schools/programs that hire for the summer and what the qualifications are?

My expereinces:

1. volunteering as an adult ESL tutor 2 years
2. teaching adults ESL in a community based program for about four months and plan to contiue until the summer.
3. practicum working with elementary students 1 1/2 months
4. I am presently working as a public school teacher

Qualificaitons:

I have the ESL K-12 certification to teach students in public schools in the state of missouri and am only a few classes away from my MA in TESOL (I will only have one more class to take after summer 2006)

If I don't have a MA in TESOL is there anyway to still get a job?

Please let me know what my options are...I would prefer to work with adults but don't mind working with children.

Thanks
Jamie
zewd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you want to teach? There are plenty of summer camps in all parts of the Czech Republic, mostly in July. You should have no problem getting a job with one of them. I worked for one called Sunrise near Sedlice this summer: http://www.sunriseos.cz It is a civic organisation, so the pay is not great, but I had a blast. A friend of mine worked for a camp called Descartes and enjoyed it (I do not have a web address or contact information, sorry!)

If you prefer to teach adults, you may be able to get short term work in Prague filling in for teachers who are on holiday or teaching summer intensive courses. I have heard that summer work can be scarce because many schools close for July and/or August.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: