Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharing a classic - All's well that ends well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnslat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Sharing a classic - All's well that ends well Reply with quote

Since I'll be leaving the Kingdom soon, I though I'd share my favorite " Arab News " story, which appeared about 2 years ago. It speaks for itself, but the last sentence is just perfect:

8 people rescued after falling into well

Jeddah. Sept 4:
The Civil Defense in the Surat Obaida area in the southern region succeeded in rescuing eight people after they had fallen, one after the other, into a well on a farm, Al-Jazeera reported yesterday.
The incident occurred when 13 year old Faris Abdullah Said who was the first person to fall inside, was trying to start the pump in order to irrigate the farm. He was overcome by the carbon dioxide coming out of the engine, fainted and fell inside the well.
While trying to rescue his brother, Majid Abdullah Said, 21, also fell inside the well after being overcome by the carbon dioxide. As the two boys shouted for help, their brother, Saqr Abdullah Said, 14, also fell in. In his efforts to rescue those inside, Ali Said Jaza, 65, fell inside.
The other four persons that fell inside include Ali Said Huwaizi, 35, Husain Fahd Nasar, 18, Muhammad Said Zayad, 25, and Rama Sika, a 45 year old Indian.
A passer-by who heard their screams quickly informed the Civil Defense and the Red Crescent Society who were able to rescue the eight. They were immediately rushed to the Sarat Obdaida Hospital for treatment. All of them are well now.

Regards,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: