Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New in Qatar, share info pls

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard_Gao

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: New in Qatar, share info pls Reply with quote

Hello all, i am new in qatar. do you all have experience with the health clubs in doha? i heard sheraton is pretty good, but it's currently full. intercon seems to be a bit far for me? how about marriott? facility, other members, events, etc?

also i tried calling the doha toastmasters, but the email bounced does anyone have the latest contact details.

Lastly is the French language club. i called and called but noone seems to pick up the phone ever. i would also appreciate the info on this one.

thanks.
QatarChic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Qatar! Very Happy

Ok with RE to health clubs, I am not part of one but know that the Doha Club is pretty good and they have good facilities- prices start from 2500 QR per year- just call 441 8822...also has a good restaurant, lots of expats go there as well as qataris. The sheraton and marriot are both ok too- but not sure about prices and so forth...you can aso use a pool for the day- say at the Ramada, but that's if you take advantage of the buffet- on Fridays I think.....as for the French Cultural Centre well, I also tried ringing them this summer- but I think they may have been closed...they should open mid/late September. It's very popular so there's no chance of it being closed or anything.....

Hope this helps Smile
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: New in Qatar, share info pls Reply with quote

Richard_Gao wrote:

also i tried calling the doha toastmasters, but the email bounced does anyone have the latest contact details.

Check your private messages for phone numbers and e-mail address.
Richard_Gao

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sent the email and got a reply. turned out she wants to setup one and are looking for facilitators / hosts. not what i was looking for. but thanks for the reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: