Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving to Doha in 2 weeks...help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
Ejnebi in Fusha I believe...

Khawaga in Egyptian dialect...

Is their another Gulf term?

Kefr. Smile
QatarChic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
I am intrigued that QatarChic feels it necessary to explain that in the Qatari context "foreigner" means "non-Qatari". What else could it mean ? "non-Canadian" ?

I have no idea why I did that myself...Laughing Embarassed Embarassed
dohagirl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Countdown! Reply with quote

nowasta wrote:
Hey dohagirl! Welcome to the board! You mentioned you are coming in two weeks and that you are Canadian. I know that the College of the North Atlantic didn't get the numbers they needed this summer and were planning on bringing people in for Oct. and Jan. Are you coming to work for them? If so, I could provide details of their housing.

Nowasta: Yes! Leaving Cda on Sept 25th...I'm actually joining DAGOC for the Asian Games in their Communications department (but find this site sooooo resourceful!!!). They'll put me up in accomodations for two weeks, then set me up with an agent to find my own housing.

QatarChic: We should keep in touch. Your flats sound like a less costly alternative to compounds.

As for running - it's a pity (looooove to run outdoors), but a treadmill with AC will do the job. I for one know how "odd" we westerners can appear. I was travelling through Guatemala and decided to run between the Mayan towns spotting Lago Atitlan. I could swear, the town was overcome with silence once I ran through - I was probably the strangest thing they'd ever seen .... ever!!!! Embarassed

Thanks everyone for the insight. I'll be sure to pop by and grab a whole bunch of adaptors!

Cheers.
QatarChic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dohagirl- Sure Smile have just sent you a PM...
Habibi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: CNA Housing Reply with quote

Hi Nowasta,

New to this, so not sure if this will reach you once, twice, or not at all...but I am interested in hearing about the CNA housing since I will be moving there soon, and still haven't heard anything more than it will likely be to apartments.

Any info. much appreciated. Are you currently working for them?

Thanks
qatargirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: CNA-Q Housing Reply with quote

Hi Habibi,

Do you know what building you'll be moving into? I work with CNA-Q and there are three different places you can live. If you're married, or have kids you'll probably be at the villas, singles (and some couples) are at the Sports Roundabout apartments and single guys are at C-Ring road apartments. All have their advantages and disadvantages. If you have any questions let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: