Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obtaining Italian Citizenship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quasi Giapponese

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Obtaining Italian Citizenship Reply with quote

Ciao tutti,

I'm currently living in Japan working on the JET Programme. I have plans of moving back to Italy when my contract is up here in August 2006. I lived in Turin for one year while in University. I am an American citizen and have no ESL teaching certification. However, I'm in my second year of teaching ESL at one junior high and two elementary schools here in Japan. Should I get certification to teach in Italy? Or is my experience in Japan "good enough"?

Secondly, It looks as though I will be able to obtain Italian citizenship through ancestory. For those of you who have experience doing this would you recommend that I use one of the companies that obtains the necessary documents for you? If so can you give me a recommendation?

Grazie,

Reid
Gregorio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Almost Japanese,

I would start working on this immediately because it can take a long time, depending on the consulate, to process the paperwork. If you plan on doing all the leg work from Japan, asking those companies to gather the documents may not be a bad idea, however, you will pay through the nose. Usually they will charge you $35-$100 more per document than what it would cost you to do it yourself. However, if you have a mountain of cash laying around, which I know most TEFLers do Wink , it may be easier on you. I think myitaliancitizenship.org has the best prices. I used them for translations and they did an awesome job. The consulate(Chicago) was extremely impressed and asked who they were so he could recommend them to people. Some consulates require certified translations though, so in this case, you must check with your consulate.

The TEFL certificate is almost always "required" in Italy, at least in the job description, but if you have good references and lots of experience, I think it would be overlooked with no problem.
benstine21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: great site!! Reply with quote

Hey,

the site i found was myitaliancitizenship.com, I think this is the same one, it has what seems to be great prices(25-42), and seems to be very helpful. Gregorio is this the proper site that you found?

ciao
jnesta1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to put words in Greg's mouth, but I do believe that is the right site, myitalian etc. .com. But I agree with his earlier words. It can get quite pricy to ahve them do it for you, so if you ahve time, do it yourself! It's fun to do the research.

Best,

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: