Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs after Oct?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Jobs after Oct? Reply with quote

Hi All,

First time posting here, so I hope I don't have too many questions that already have been answered.

Are there any schools that hire after mid Oct or beginning of Nov? It looks like most of the job postings I've seen and applied to start between now and the middle of next month. I probably will not be able to get to Poland until after Oct 17, and that's if I get all my personal stuff sorted out quickly. I have two phone interviews this week, but I'm not sure what their start dates are.

How many schools hire in Jan? My second option if I can't find a job in Oct, would be to take some Polish classes, check out a few cities and apply for jobs starting in Jan. I really don't prefer this situation, as I will be living off savings and credit cards, but I'm willing to do it if there is the possibilty of a job in 2006.

A little about me. I'm 33 years old, a native speaker with a BS degree in Business. I just completed a CELTA course in Aug and have about one year of volunteer tutoring experience at an Adult School in Berkeley, CA.
I have American and Irish citizenship and a valid EU passport, so hopefully the visa thing won't be too much of a problem.

Thanks for any answers or information.
Brooks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an Irish passport will be more useful than an American one.

Many jobs start around now. I think you`d be lucky to start work in November.
DMac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks like it is really best to get to Poland sooner than later.

Does anyone know about Profi-Lingua in Gdansk? I just had a
phone interview with them that seemed to go well, but I don't
know much about the school.

Thanks
cezarek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jobs after Oct? Reply with quote

DMac wrote:
Are there any schools that hire after mid Oct or beginning of Nov? It looks like most of the job postings I've seen and applied to start between now and the middle of next month.

Schools hire before that, but companies who provide in-house lessons to corporate clients often hire at other times. there can be a downside to working for in-company providers - their clients often pay them late, and very few have the neccessary financial buffer to pay the teachers immediately, so there's an occasional delay in cash at certain times of year. But the owners are usually a bit more businesslike and more professional. And the work's much more interesting too.

Steve
Brooks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard good things about Profi-Lingua but don't know about their school in Gdansk.
DMac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Brooks. I got a job offer from Profi-Lingua today, but it is
at either their Lublin or Poznan schools. The classes start on 12 Oct., but
hopefully they are going to work with me about starting on the 17 Oct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: