Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warsaw Schools and pay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bialonoz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Warsaw Schools and pay Reply with quote

Hi,

after a semester in Krak�w and a lovely summer back home, I want to try Warsaw (don't ask me why!) Twisted Evil . I got offers from five schools, Lang, Target, Resource, LFB and Orange. The business English schools look more interesting to me. But does anybody know anything, maybe good, maybe a reason to stay away, about them? Mail me off-list if you prefer that.

And how much can I expect to make? - The pay ranges from less than I got in Krak�w to much more. Also what should I pay for accomodation? I saw posts on this board that say about 800 for a one-room, but is that still true? I'm confused.

I'd really appreciate any advice - I checked back through this forum and got even more confused. Confused Confused

Stephanie Smile
Grrrmachine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to renting a place, I doubt you'll find anywhere in Warsaw for under 1000 - even more if you want to be in the Centre (Srodmiescie). I had an apartment on Nowy Swiat that was 27m2, and it was waaaaay too much (1200zl). Now I live in the suburbs and pay half the price for twice the apartment.

As far as those schools go, the only one I can vouch for Orange, who seem to have a pretty sturdy reputation. I dont know anything about the others.

For wages, it starts at 50zl for 60mins and goes up based on your qualifications and experience. Are you EU or US? This may affect whether a school wants to deal with your paperwork.

Either way, let me know when you make the move to Warsaw Wink
Alex Shulgin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lang, Resource and LFB all pay slightly above PLN 50 for 45 minutes. Orange and Target pay less. Orange uses a terrible system of own materials, probably best avoided.

You can find 30 metre flats in the city center for 1100 up.
Grrrmachine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider my post ammended then - I only know Orange by reputaiton, rather than experience. I dont work for any of those schools listed above Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: