Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contract Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is a sticky regarding contract questions worthwhile?
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Gregor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-LAX, man.
Does anyone else wonder why Englishgibson lives and works in China?? (Or, for that matter, what he has against common colloquial idiom?)

Man, you agreed with me - sign the SAFEA contract OR work illegally OR don't work in China.

BAM! Done deal. Next case. What are you freakin' out about?

I said that I don't mind it because I'm going to keep my word. I didn't say it was good OR bad. What difference does it make? It's a fact of life.
So what's your point? That life sucks? We're all old enough to know that already, thank you for a new example of why that is.
Seriously, I'm asking what you are now begging someone to ask - if you live in China, and one must sign a SAFEA contract to work in China legally, then what's your point? Are you just telling newbies not to go to China? That WOULD be the message I were getting, if you didn't live there yourself. It's a mixed message at best.
It's like my mum chain-smoking through three packs a day, all the while telling me not to smoke.
englishgibson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you've got a nice way of relaxing..coming on with your "BOTTOM LINES" etc...smooth talkin' SAFEA and how "NO PROBLEM" it is to sign it.

Does anyone wonder why Gregor would not mind all those FTs and newbies coming to China go with those unfortunate SAFEA "NO PROBLEM" deals? Smile

Quote:
Man, you agreed with me - sign the SAFEA contract OR work illegally OR don't work in China.
I agreed with you that FTs needed to sign it for their legal work permits, although I brought up my worries over two Contracts being signed as well as the wording, serving interests and penalties in SAFEA.
With all due respect, are you that ignorant or just "smoothin' it " on here Confused

Quote:
I said that I don't mind it because I'm going to keep my word. I didn't say it was good OR bad. What difference does it make? It's a fact of life.
So what's your point? That life sucks?
Rhetorical antics?
What "words" from SAFEA are to be kept? ..what a proud man you are..
You don't mind it, because you have to sign it in order to work and stay in China and in order to make your lill Chinese luv happy Very Happy ..and you don't mind it, since there's little choice...and then recruiting of those FTs coming to China or those in China without their intentions to sign it might be rather difficult.
Yes, "it's a fact of life" that we live. However, your "honesty" has some interesting tendencies. Wink
By the way, the point is that all ESLers in/to China shall know what's expected from them with regards to SAFEA and what advantages or disadvantages the Contracts might provide them with. Further more, they shall know what they might get into with SAFEA and other Contracts.
Yes, you did not...and that's the difference in between us ..the facts about those employment agreeements and SAFEA that you do not say Wink

Quote:
It's like my mum chain-smoking through three packs a day, all the while telling me not to smoke.
Laughing crackin' "BOTTOM LINE" Laughing

Gregor, how far does a finger go before it hurts?

Peace to Foreign Affairs in China
and
cheers and beers to hopeful SAFEA changes in near future Very Happy
Gregor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

So what's your point? That life sucks?
Rhetorical antics?
What "words" from SAFEA are to be kept?

Nice. MY word. MY WORD. Not SAFEA's word. I don't even remember what exactly was in that contract.
Quote:
You don't mind it, because you have to sign it in order to work and stay in China and in order to make your lill Chinese luv happy ..and you don't mind it, since there's little choice...and then recruiting of those FTs coming to China or those in China without their intentions to sign it might be rather difficult.

I'm not sure what some of this even MEANS. Except that yeah, you have to sign it (the SAFEA contract) in order to work in China legally.
I don't know what you mean about recruiting. Unless you are under the false impression that I AM actually recruiting for someone. I don't happen to have a job, at the moment, and I'm actually visiting family in the U.S. right now. I don't know who I'd be recruiting FOR right now, since I don't actually work for anyone. Unless you reckon the Chinese government has hired me in some capacity.
Quote:
However, your "honesty" has some interesting tendencies.

Bring it on, m'man. Bring it on. Give some links and let people know what you are talking about here. My integrity is IN TACT. Anyone who reads the posts you are refering to are either going to understand what went on, or they're as naive and blinded as you are.
You, sir, are talking smack. I am talking about what I SEE - real life experience, and legitimate and ETHICAL decisions.
You give these people quotes, and then LINKS to those quotes, so they can read and decide for themselves who is being honest here.
englishgibson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Contract Questions Reply with quote

Yeah..sure Gregor..whatever...you sound like a cheerleader of some cr*p high school ...keep on workin' on those "honest mothly reports" for whatever freakin school you work for..."ETHICAL" is in your blood vains Laughing
Quote:
My integrity is IN TACT.
Laughing Laughing Laughing In fact Laughing

By now, I am sure that ALL CONTRACT QUESTIONS have been answered on here...thanx to Gregor's "REAL LIFE EXPRIENCE" in China.

Respects to your as well as your EF DOS pals recruitin website Gregor
and
cheers and beers to all ESLers in or comin to China Very Happy (watchout for wolves)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: