Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work visa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Work visa Reply with quote

I am a British national living in Thailand, will I have to go back to the UK to get a work visa for Oman issued or can one be issued to me here in Thailand?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your work visa will not be issued until you have arrived in Oman and completed various paperwork and passed the AIDS test.

I arrived on a tourist visa myself just because I already had one in my passport, but I think people are usually provided with a short term type visa to arrive... unless employers are just letting people use a tourist visa these days.

VS
kuberkat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Also rootless Reply with quote

Hi, Garfield. Like you, going home is a hassle for me (let's just say I'm in exile) and I came to Oman from Thailand. You will have no problems getting everything done there.

All you will need for your DHL application are the copies of your qualifications, passport, and reference letters won't hurt. The medical tests are best done at Bumrungrad hospital in Bangkok's Sukhumvit area (near Nana Skytrain station.). At the emergency room, they will help you in perfect English, and your complete test result will be ready in good English within an hour for under 1000 baht. Passport photos? I have gone through 36 and need more. You will get better quality and prices in BKK than here. If it's not mentioned in your application procedure, they will need your mother's complete name to apply for the visa. Including it will save time.

Since your visa will be arranged by the ministry, you won't have to worry about red tape that side (you can worry about that here!)

By the way, though my ticket was from Bangkok, the ministry insisted my contract state that my tickets to and from Oman be from my native country. Just FYI. If you have the time, wait for the ministry to arrange and pay your ticket: refunds take a long time.

You can find more about what time revealed upon arrival in the thread "MOHE NEW INTAKE: YOUR PEARLS OF WISDOM", where I could finally answer some of my own questions. Feel free to PM me if you need to know more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: