Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MADRID - CAN I TAKE MY DOG?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunseeker32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: MADRID - CAN I TAKE MY DOG? Reply with quote

now I've got a job in Madrid and have to start looking for an apartment, I would like to know if it is going to be too difficult to find somewhere that would allow my dog to come with me?

I really don't want to leave her behind, but don't want to be unrealistic.

How difficult will it be to find a landlord who will allow pets?

Question
rogan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Woof, bloomin woof woof Reply with quote

You're a new teacher going to a new job in a new country and you worry about a dog ??

Have you considered a few practical issues ?

Like where will you and the mutt stay until you find an apartment ?
What do you do if you can't find a friendly landlord who doesn't object to pets ?

Is the mutt acceptable to the vetinary authorities in Spain?
All necessary injections up to date, signed and certificated by a vet ? Translated with an apostille?
Is the thing tatooed and registered ?

How will you and the mutt travel ?
Will an airline carry the thing?
If you are planning on driving through France, for example, do you have the necessary travel documents for the animal to transit the country?

I could go on but the more I think about the situation the more hilarious it becomes.

Starting a new job in a new country, (particularly where you don't speak the language) is difficult and stressful enough yet you want to add complications............................ Confused
sunseeker32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: You fit into catagory of most unhelpful people I ever met Reply with quote

If I ask for advice, please don't bother responding again Rogan. You have a superior, sarcastic and unhelpful attitude and I can do without it.

Not that I need to justify myself to you, but as I'm coming from the UK and my dog has all the required vaccinations and microchip etc, my ONLY problem would be my landlord. This is all I was asking advice on.

I plan to stay for good, and would not take my dog initially for the first 3 months, until I had found a place and got myself settled.

My question was - how difficult would it be to find an accepting landlord? How common is it to have a dog in rented apartments?

Therefore, if you want to take the piss and belittle other, just piss off.

Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: