Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to take a CELTA course?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislyn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Where to take a CELTA course? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm new here, and have been trying to read as much as possible of all the useful information I've been finding. One question I don't think I've seen an answer to (and pardon me if it has been asked and I've missed it) is the following:

I have a university degree, and am now looking into possibly teaching english. I've decided to go with the CELTA course as it looks to be the best preparation, however I can't decide where would be better to take it. I'd like to teach english in Paris, and there are 2 schools there offering the CELTA course. I've heard that it's a good idea to take the course where you plan to work in order to make contacts, and one of the schools there even states that they favour their graduates for employment. However, if I take the course at home (in Toronto) it costs much less, and I don't have to worry about accomodation. Also, I may try to find a job in Toronto initially and work for some time before going to Paris, thus giving me experience before I get there, and extra savings to make it through the job search.

So the question is which would be more conducive to me finding a job in Paris? Making contacts by taking the course there, or saving money by taking it where I currently live and hopefully getting experience first?

(By the way, I have EU citizenship, so no worries about visas and such)

Thanks for any help or input!

Aislyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: