Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Qualifications for Teaching in Morocco
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Qualifications in Morocco, pay at ALCs Reply with quote

A BA or higher is necessary to get a work permit from the Moroccan government. A CELTA or something like it without that will not work, and they're looking more and more at CVs in a special office in Casa. This is a new law. Been around a few months.

I agree with Tamarbuta that those certificate courses are not enough, but they can be pretty useful if you're working somewhere that also does some training.

About ALCs: there are 10 in Morocco and the pay depends on what city you're in. I know teachers taking home only 4000 dh a month in small cities and 10,000 dh or more in bigger cities. That's more than what a beginning university teacher gets here.

Mostly, like Tamar says, EFL teachers don't go to Morocco to get rich. With an MA, I hear, and some experience, you can still find a job in Abu Dhabi that pays 2-3 thousand dollars a month. But most people I've talked to who've taught in both places say Moroccans are better language learners than the folks in the richer Arab countries and so they (the teacher) feel a lot better about what they're doing. It's pretty hard to feel good about a class where nobody's motivated and are looking at you like some kind of servant.

Peace,

RM
Africaexpert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Where is Gary going? Reply with quote

There is a job opening post for Director at the ALC Rabat. What's going on there, anyone know?
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

I've just deleted several inappropriate messages.

Do not post personally identifying information on this board.

If it continues, the thread will disappear and sanctions will be applied, as appropriate.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: