Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Busmans Holiday...Learn a language

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mique

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Busmans Holiday...Learn a language Reply with quote

I was feeling I needed a break from this teaching game and was running out of ideas and for some strange reason I came on the idea to go to Spain to learn Spanish. Having done it and come back feeling totally refreshed I now know the reasons why Smile :

1. The weather
2. The food.....And in Granada its free - order a beer in most of the bars and you'll be served food or "tapas" with it for free. Find the bars the Spanish go to and a couple of small beers (small beer costs a Euro-ish) is enough for lunch. Ive had everything from paella, fresh fish, garlic soup etc to burger and fries!
3. Free beer....After youve done the tapas in the evening too, go down the streets where the pubs are and there'll be any number of girls handing out free drinks tickets. Simply go in the bars for the free drink and move on for the next one. This goes on till about 2a.m. when the partying really starts.
4. Oh yeah, learn Spanish. I did it in 6 weeks more or less. Not only do you learn a language but you come back with loads of ideas having experienced it from a learners point of view.
5. The schools have accommodation while youre doig the course too...Usually sharing a flat with a variety of Swedes, Danes, French etc...mostly of the female persuasion. For the girls theirs always the Spanish guys, who I found to be not as macho as their reputation leads us to believe.

Ive done it and its probably the best experience Ive ever had in my life and doesnt cost the Earth. Drop me a line here or send me a message direct if youre interested in more info.....Cheers....
mique

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Prices Reply with quote

Thought Id give you an idea of what this all costs:

For example: 2 weeks in Malaga on the south coast - 365 Euros. This includes 20 hours of Spanish lessons per week and accommodation sharing a double room in a shared flat with other students.

Same thing but in a single room costs 414 Euros.

4 weeks, same Spanish hours, double room in a flat costs 580 Euros!!!

Get a cheap flight and it really doesnt cost a fortune.

The website where I booked is being revamped right now but you can contact a guy their (English) through: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: