Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FUBis-Freie Universit�t Berlin- Summer 2006 to Learn German

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamieMarie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: FUBis-Freie Universit�t Berlin- Summer 2006 to Learn German Reply with quote

I am interested in taking a German course this summer if I can't find a summer job ( ESL camp/school). I was wondering if any of you have heard of this school (FUBis)? Is this a good program? What is the average age of the students? ( I am 28 and just don't want to be the oldest one there.)

I would really like to improve my German that I lost since high school and also have a little time to explore Europe. It seems that if I take one class that I will have some free days to explore. Is this true...?

Would I possibly be able to pick up some ESL students to tutor while I am over there?

What type of VISA would I need?

Thank you for your time and help!
Jamie
Seeker of truth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Europa Kolleg Reply with quote

Jamie,
I don't know anything about the program you mentioned, but I do know of another one for learning German which I highly recommend. Here's their weblink:

http://www.europa-kolleg.de/

The best part of the program is that they house you with a German family somewhere in the city. You have instant conversation partners to practise with.
JZer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a ESL summer camp that travels through Germany and Austria. I have never worked there but I almost applied once. I will try to find the ad for you.

Also most German universities have summer programs for foreigners if you look on their websites. Usually you can stay in a dorm or with a guest family. I would like to head over during my summer break sometime and do one to keep up my German. I have studied in Berlin and Bayreuth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: