Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Sports Bars in Berlin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CROGO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: American Sports Bars in Berlin Reply with quote

Are there any American sports bars in or around Berlin where it is possible to see American sports on television?

Please advise!
JZer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some place near Bahnhof Zoo that shows NFL games. I was there to watch the Super Bowl in 2002. Just go to Bahnhof Zoo tomorrow and ask around. It is not so close to the train station but it is in that area. The place has NFL jerseys on the wall. Actually most of the people there are German football enthusiast and not expats.

I will try to ask my friend if he remembers the name of the place. Actually we found the bar because some guy was wearing a Cheesehead and we asked him.

All I can tell you is get out at Bahnhof Zoo. If you are facing the front of Bahnhof Zoo with the Fredrick Wilhelm memorial to your left, go straight across the street, where there are some Doner stands. Sorry there are probably man Doner stands. Walk down that street for a while and somewhere on the left is a sports bar. Your best bet is to show up around 7Pm on Sunday and look for someone wearing NFL regalia. Then ask them where the bar is.
CROGO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was hoping to see some of the university football games over the holidays. Is it only NFL or is it possible to see the American university teams as well?
JZer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not watched college football in Berlin but it may be possible. Like I said just go to Bahnhof Zoo on a Sunday and ask around. Look for someone who is wearing NFL clothing. The bar is probably a 15 min walk from Bahnhof Zoo. So don't give up if you don't find it right away.
Sadie25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JZer wrote:
I have not watched college football in Berlin but it may be possible. Like I said just go to Bahnhof Zoo on a Sunday and ask around. Look for someone who is wearing NFL clothing.

i p*ssed my knickers when i read that! *guffaw* Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: